This discussion is closed.
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
whats cardiff like for nightlife, atmosphere etc? its my first choice, so a little info would be nice!
Kimmie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
whats cardiff like for nightlife, atmosphere etc? its my first choice, so a little info would be nice!
I hear it's really good-always something going on.. but thats only what i've heard. I've just been accepted there, but its like my 5th choice. What you planning on studying?
El_Borish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kimmie)
I hear it's really good-always something going on.. but thats only what i've heard. I've just been accepted there, but its like my 5th choice. What you planning on studying?
i've not actually applied to the uni, bu to Royal Welsh College of Speech an Drama, on a Ba(hons) Acting course. only like 20 places a year though, so competition is tough!
Kimmie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i've not actually applied to the uni, bu to Royal Welsh College of Speech an Drama, on a Ba(hons) Acting course. only like 20 places a year though, so competition is tough!
Oooo tough!Good luck with it! I was contemplating taking a drama degree last year, but then I started getting into Sociology. Yorks my 1st choice, if I don't get in there, I'll be devastated.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Oooo tough!Good luck with it! I was contemplating taking a drama degree last year, but then I started getting into Sociology. Yorks my 1st choice, if I don't get in there, I'll be devastated.
whats the offers generally like - u confident?
Kimmie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
whats the offers generally like - u confident?
I'm not sure. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed!My Sociology teacher went to York and he enjoyed it there.It seems pretty cool when I went on the open day back in July.I'm just leaving it up to fate, if I end up going somewhere else then I'll take it I wasn't meant to go there.I suppose I'd be closer to my boyfriend, but i'd still be gutted.What subjects you studying at the mo?
El_Borish
Rep:
?
I'm not sure. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed!My Sociology teacher went to York and he enjoyed it there.It seems pretty cool when I went on the open day back in July.I'm just leaving it up to fate, if I end up going somewhere else then I'll take it I wasn't meant to go there.I suppose I'd be closer to my boyfriend, but i'd still be gutted.What subjects you studying at the mo?
quite a mix!

a-levels in drama, chemistry, philosophy and media studies

and a gcse in dance

so if the drama stuff aint workin in a few years, i can start directin', philosophisin' or chemisterin'!
Kimmie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
quite a mix!

a-levels in drama, chemistry, philosophy and media studies

and a gcse in dance

so if the drama stuff aint workin in a few years, i can start directin', philosophisin' or chemisterin'!
Fair 'nuff!Does that mean i want to start sociologin?!
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Fair 'nuff!Does that mean i want to start sociologin?!
I guess
thats if u want to? is that wjhat u really want to do in the future?
Kimmie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I guess
thats if u want to? is that wjhat u really want to do in the future?
Yep, well teach it anyway. Not into doing the actual research.Funny though, this time last year I hated it and only chose it because I had no choice with the time table in my sixth form.Now I want to do it for the rest of me life (or if you've read the badger/squirrel debate, until the squirrel army takes over!)
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Yep, well teach it anyway. Not into doing the actual research.Funny though, this time last year I hated it and only chose it because I had no choice with the time table in my sixth form.Now I want to do it for the rest of me life (or if you've read the badger/squirrel debate, until the squirrel army takes over!)
it wont be long,im sure! same with me and media studies!
Kimmie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
it wont be long,im sure! same with me and media studies!
Hey I've just realised you're from Bristol too!I'm a bit slow today!Of course if the squirrels come here we could all hide in Cabot tower, then again I suppose they could climb up the outside...damn those lil rodents they think of everything!
Anyway, ive always wanted to know, what do you learn in media studies?
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Hey I've just realised you're from Bristol too!I'm a bit slow today!Of course if the squirrels come here we could all hide in Cabot tower, then again I suppose they could climb up the outside...damn those lil rodents they think of everything!
Anyway, ive always wanted to know, what do you learn in media studies?
even cabot towers not safe?
MONSTERS! or maybe thats their base of operations...

media is stuff like semiotics, study of film, news and itas sources etc
i only did it cos i wanted to make a music video, and now im trying to start doing videos fro local bands!
Kimmie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
even cabot towers not safe?
MONSTERS! or maybe thats their base of operations...

media is stuff like semiotics, study of film, news and itas sources etc
i only did it cos i wanted to make a music video, and now im trying to start doing videos fro local bands!
Wow sounds like an interesting subject!V.groovay!

I'm thinking of a safe place where the whole of Bristol could fit that the evil-tailed ones couldn't find!No luck as yet, without moving the whole city across europe...a tricky one this...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (39)
13.68%
Virtual campus tours/open days (64)
22.46%
Live streaming events (25)
8.77%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (27)
9.47%
A uni comparison tool (67)
23.51%
An in-person event when available (63)
22.11%