The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

University of Cumbria - Tower Hamlets Site

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi Menk,

Thanks for your advice. So it was only loosely linked to the article then? I thought we would have to answer questions directly based on the article...hmm.
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
Reply 61
Hi Miracle,

Thanks for the advice I got onto the course so I will be seeing you in September
:-)

Original post by Miracle10
Hell Kimalogic, Yeah i had the written task but it was on the independent learning journal, i guess they have changed the reading.
Just make sure you read everything fully and understand the article. Good luck in your interview and i hope you get through!
Reply 62
Ahh! amazing! send me a private msg with your email address! xx
Reply 63
Can someone please tell me what the time table is or roughly how many days per week we study for Early Years Degree? I need to know as soon as possible. Thank you =)
Reply 64
Sorry to bring up what has already been mentioned, but i have an interview for the PGCE course next week and i am also struggling with my preperation for the Jenny Moon literacy task.

Could anyone who has already done this task point me in the right direction please - i have read the literature provided multiple times but i am really worried that i have no idea what the question asked might be, and that it will be a complete disaster.

Anthony
Reply 65

Original post by Antm
Sorry to bring up what has already been mentioned, but i have an interview for the PGCE course next week and i am also struggling with my preperation for the Jenny Moon literacy task.

Could anyone who has already done this task point me in the right direction please - i have read the literature provided multiple times but i am really worried that i have no idea what the question asked might be, and that it will be a complete disaster.

Anthony

I really wouldnt worry too much about the article, i think i posted what the qquestion was mainly about earlier. They only give you 30mins on the task so they don't expect you to write a fully comprehensive essay. Fro what i remember its about linking how you have used reflection in education and how it has been useful. I made brief reference to the text in my introduction which seemed to do the trick.I would focus more energy on being aware of your educational issue and the group task where they give u a list of stuff to discuss whats most important in the classroom. eg. laughter, interactive white boards, display boards, reading corner etc. Hope this helps you out in some way and hopefully see you in September!
Reply 66
There are 3 different campus' including Tower Hamlets site but I'm not sure whether the QM library is allowed to be used. Another thing to consider QM do not do PGCE's so it's unlikely there will be any books that are relevant to PGCE students.

Original post by shadow_alexw
I am applying to start studying for a degree in primary education with QTS in September and the above university/campus has come up on UCAS.

Ive never heard of this campus before and cannot really find much out about it, other than you can use the Queen Mary University library.

So does anyone have any more information, have applied there, or have studied there?

Thanks a lot

Alex
Hi can anyone give me feedback on the tower hamlets site in 2014? I am thinking of doing primary education with qts. Thanks!
Reply 68
Original post by peekandboo
Hi can anyone give me feedback on the tower hamlets site in 2014? I am thinking of doing primary education with qts. Thanks!

Hi

I don't know about the Tower Hamlets site itself, but I do know that the University of Cumbria is well respected in teacher training. The main campuses are in the north west (Lancaster and Carlisle), but this university (formally St Martins College) has maintained a base for teacher training in the East End of London for some years. Ofsted rated the London East Consortium accredited by the University of Cumbria as 'outstanding' in Feb 2013 - this has since been re-named the London East Teacher Training Alliance (LETTA) and forms part of the School Direct programme. Cumbria is well qualified in teacher training, so I feel sure that an undergraduate degree in primary education with QTS would be fine also.
Hi, anyone starting primary education at the tower hamlets site this September? I'm really nervous, any information would be brilliant.
Original post by Lisaggggggg
Hi, anyone starting primary education at the tower hamlets site this September? I'm really nervous, any information would be brilliant.

Hi. I'm starting at the campus on Monday.
Only information anyone has been given is to do the pre reading for the course.
Hi jade, I'm not sure about the pre reading but I know we were asked to do a task about a story book. Have you pre registered yet and can you please send me the think for the reading task. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending