Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anybody else has applied to study Psychology this year? And if you have, have you got any offers yet and if so then what grades and where are they for??

Thanks,

Riz

ReputationRep:
    I have recieved a conditional offer from Leicester to do Psychology. They're asking for BBB. I'm also applying for medicine, so hopefully I can reject the offer, but if not, I have something to fall back on that I know I will enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    I have recieved a conditional offer from Leicester to do Psychology. They're asking for BBB. I'm also applying for medicine, so hopefully I can reject the offer, but if not, I have something to fall back on that I know I will enjoy.
    REALLY?!? I got an uncondtional offfer to study law. Are you going to an open day? I got one on the 10th of December.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Yep, I've applied for psychology for 2004. I'm getting a bit impatient now because I haven't had any offers yet. I'm applying post A Level.
    These are the unis I'm applying to:

Bristol (Psychology) as yet
    Durham (Psych)- had a letter telling me that their process will take longer for all subjects
    Nottingham (Psych with cognitive neuroscience)- nothing yet
    Oxford (Exp. Psych) - waiting to see if I get an interview, been allocated my 2nd and 3rd colleges (Balliol and Somerville)
    St Andrew's (Psych, BSc) - not even a peep
    York (Psych)- same as above!

ReputationRep:
    I have had an offer from hull of BBC, which im happy about because although it wasn't my first choice, I'm hoping to have it as an insurance one.

I've also got one from Lancaster of ABB - it said BBB in the prospectus although a friend was told at the open day that they might be putting the grades up so maybe that's why.....

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I've applied for psychology at Glasgow and St Andrews, and then my 4 other choices are for medicine. I've got an unconditional for Glasgow but haven't heard anything fron St Andrews yet !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    REALLY?!? I got an uncondtional offfer to study law. Are you going to an open day? I got one on the 10th of December.
    I went on an open day in June, so I'm not going again. It's a nice university in a nice location and I would be very happy to study there! NICE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkly)
    Hi! Yep, I've applied for psychology for 2004. I'm getting a bit impatient now because I haven't had any offers yet. I'm applying post A Level.
    These are the unis I'm applying to:

Bristol (Psychology) as yet
    Durham (Psych)- had a letter telling me that their process will take longer for all subjects
    Nottingham (Psych with cognitive neuroscience)- nothing yet
    Oxford (Exp. Psych) - waiting to see if I get an interview, been allocated my 2nd and 3rd colleges (Balliol and Somerville)
    St Andrew's (Psych, BSc) - not even a peep
    York (Psych)- same as above!
    ive applied to bristol for Psychology but with Zoology - its a back up from veterinary medicine - which is what I really want to do...and I think that they only admit 15 students each year to read psychology with zoology! LOL! Ah well...do you want to email me and talk about the application - [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've applied for psychology too...

Cardiff - AAB
    Birmingham - ABB
    Lancaster - ABB
    Bangor - 240 points.

I also applied to York and Durham, but I'm not keeping my hopes up about getting a place in either of them. I recently checked my application process on the Durham website, it's being considered by the department...

I've got a friend who also got an offer from Leicester for psychology. It's supposed to be a good university for the subject!

ReputationRep:
    manchester~ ABB
    Cardiff~unconditional
    as yet to hear from york, sheffield bristol

ReputationRep:
    On Friday, I got an offer from Plymouth to do Psychology! They want 280 points (easy peasy!!)

Still haven't had any medicine interviews yet! Hopefully they will be in the new year....

ReputationRep:
    i've had an offer for psychology as part of combined studies at newcastle. grades ABB.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Psych!!

Durham - IB 33 points
    Nottingham - IB 35 points
    York - IB 34 points
    Royal Holloway - 34 points
    St. Andrews - Nothing yet!!
    Oxford - Confusing right now....

Cyaz!

i've got the offers from Nottingham and York for psychology, interviews from Oxford and UCL, but i hear nothing from Bath and Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    Is Westminster any good for psychology?, it was in the top 10 in the guardian league tables

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any offers back from manchester met yet? I'm hoping to do psychology and sociology there and was just wondering what sort of grades they were asking from people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicaswu)
    i've got the offers from Nottingham and York for psychology, interviews from Oxford and UCL, but i hear nothing from Bath and Bristol.
    Bristol sent me a letter saying that they will only make a couple of decisions between now and the 15th jan - the deadline for UCAS applications. After then they will start releasing more offers/rejections...so I would expect to hear something around that time!

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Plymouth, UWE and Bath. All Psychology.

Not sure of wether I'm in yet or not.

ReputationRep:
    yet another thread on this

I'm still waiting for Durham, Leicester, Southampton, Manchester, Nottingham.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.