How much would a proper night out in London cost?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
TOSCS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm in London for 2-3 weeks and was thinking of going to one of the big clubs and having a proper night out. Would be drinking a bit at home then travelling there (I'm in south London), maybe go to a pub, then to a club.

How much money would I be looking at spending, and what are some good places to go (club/dance type music).
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How drunk do you want to get?

Probs £30-40
yhsa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know people who regularly spend £50 on nights out here (students, not bankers :tongue:)
NW8_SW1_EC3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've been known to spend ridiculous amounts, the night can be as cheap or expensive as you want.
jaw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
same as going out anywhere really, it can be as expensive as you make it. budget between £3.80 and 4.20 a drink, £10-20 for entry. £20 normally does me for a quick few drinks after work, I've spent about £60 before plus a taxi on top which was £100 split between a few of us..
TOSCS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Any club recommendations? I'm 20, a student, so somewhere with a similar crowd would be cool.
Punk Phloyd
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jaw)
same as going out anywhere really

[...]

budget between £3.80 and 4.20 a drink, £10-20 for entry
3.80-4.20 a drink and 10-20 for entry is going out anywhere? Where on earth do you go out? :confused:
-WhySoSerious?
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jaw)
same as going out anywhere really, it can be as expensive as you make it. budget between £3.80 and 4.20 a drink, £10-20 for entry. £20 normally does me for a quick few drinks after work, I've spent about £60 before plus a taxi on top which was £100 split between a few of us..
Holyyy hell.
Mastermind`
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think you can get in to some places for £5ish, or even free depending on when you go.

Why don't you just stay in your hotel room and browse TSR without any interruptions for 2-3 weeks!? I've always wanted to do that.. :cool:
bowdeni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When I've been to London the last few times, I usually spend £50-£70.
Chappi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anywhere on brick lane... Matter - if you like the soulless. Fabric - only on a friday if you want to gamble with your own mortality, or a saturday if you want to enjoy it.

all the legend places have gone tbh - the end. turnmills. astoria
Ataloss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
How drunk do you want to get?

Probs £30-40
You need to factor in whether he is good looking enough to pull or will have to pay for sex. :yep:
Duckling
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
why not try some student nights? like zoo bar (leicester square) on wednesdays or tiger tiger in haymarket on mondays... wayyy cheaper.
Mastermind`
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ataloss)
You need to factor in whether he is good looking enough to pull or will have to pay for sex. :yep:
Nah London prossies are crap. But one greeted me and asked how my day was then she was like "Do you want to do some business?". And I was like "errrr :o: ".

I guess he should also take into account that he could be on the phone to one of those phone sex operators that you see in the adverts at night. Those can cost a fortune (I'm not speaking from experience or anything). :ninja:
Ataloss
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mastermind`)
Nah London prossies are crap. But one greeted me and asked how my day was then she was like "Do you want to do some business?". And I was like "errrr :o: ".
I was once asked if I wanted business by a prostitute as well. She was hideous and I told her she would have to pay me if she wanted sex. She was not impressed and I was met with expletives. :tongue:
Ataloss
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mastermind`)
I guess he should also take into account that he could be on the phone to one of those phone sex operators that you see in the adverts at night. Those can cost a fortune (I'm not speaking from experience or anything). :ninja:
The only time when premature ejaculation could be considered to be advantageous. :yep:
lizpop
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Too much.
BetterThanHeaven
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Depends on the type of club, if you're music focused, Fabric, Ministry or Matter are the obvious choces. £15 entry, £4 a beer, £8 double mixer.

More pretentious places like Crystal, Paper, Pangaea, Movida; £20 entry, £5 a beer, £10+ double mixer.

That's your standard central London set up unless Shoreditch is on your mind.
ArtGoblin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BetterThanHeaven)
Depends on the type of club, if you're music focused, Fabric, Ministry or Matter are the obvious choces. £15 entry, £4 a beer, £8 double mixer.

More pretentious places like Crystal, Paper, Pangaea, Movida; £20 entry, £5 a beer, £10+ double mixer.

That's your standard central London set up unless Shoreditch is on your mind.
That's shocking!!
bansheeee*
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
the last time i went out in London it was with gareth gates and my brother and a few others i didnt know ...it didn't cost me very much ,as I don't drink ,but everyone else was drunk and we ended up sleeping in bayswater ina B&b . I really want to go clubbing there soon again!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed