The Student Room Group

Unit 1 PSYA1 AQA AS Psychology!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anyone got any last minute tips for me that i should cram in? What do you reckon the questions will be on?
Argh, this morning!

I think the 12 marker will be on Privation or Deprivation, personally.
Staying on school campus an today's morning heard a fire alarm. Everyone from my and two neighbouring blocks had to go out and wait outside. It was cold. Then they told us it was just a practice. FML.
Reply 23
12 Mark question was on anxiety! I'm really good at Eye Witness Testimony, but not just anxiety. The question much more in depth this time!
Reply 24
Was a good exam, minus the 12 marker
Reply 25
ooo dear the 12marker.... lol was horrid!!
So i just worte about Christianson, Loftus, weapon effect, can improve with cognitive interview erm.... and i can't remember what else lol.
Now i am worrying ALOT about unit 2!
xx
Reply 26
Does weapon focus effect fall under anxiety :frown:
Reply 27
I said that because they were anxious about seeing the weapon that is what they foucsed on making their EWT less accurate and that loftu sdeveloped this as the weapon effect. i may well have got it wrong i don't feel very confident about it :frown: xx
i hated that paper :frown:
and i thought i was really prepared for it aswel
for the 12 marker i only used one study (Loftus) i went into detail with it and evaluated well, how many marks do you think i will be able to get for it?
Reply 29
I have no idea.... i just compared loftus saying it was a lab experiement and saying that C +H did one where they asked people who has actually had to give EWT and evaluated them like C + H may have better recall as ppts would have needed to recall more times than Loftus asked hers to and some stuff like that, said a bit about weapon effect then said you could improve it with cognitive interview and some stuff like that.
Oh i don't feel too good about this now lol
xx
Reply 30
I loved the 12 marker... I wrote about Loftus' weapon focus and also research by Yuille & Cutshall and Christianson & Hubinette, evaluated it all and also briefly mentioned other factors that can effect accuracy of EWT like Age, Misleading info...

Thought it went really well, except I think I made up a strength and weakness for case studies because I couldn't remember!
They kind of made sense though...

Not looking forward to Unit 2 on Friday, especially Stress...
Reply 31
I ddi this xam too. Thought it was okay!
Except got really confused on the Q towards end about the demand charecteristics odf the strange situation??? didnt know what to write??
also 12 marker- wrote all the findinds, then had to redo Q coz it was onkly askin bout research... is that correct, they didnt wabt any findings included???
Reply 32
For demand characteristics I put the caregiver will perform to what the experimenter would want to see, is that right?
Reply 33
This was horrible. It seemed so much harder than the one some people took in January.
Reply 34
antmjb
For demand characteristics I put the caregiver will perform to what the experimenter would want to see, is that right?

sounds good, except they probs wanted specific examples, but i couldnt think of any, coz the baby is the one there watching, and its not exactly gonna behave differently!
Reply 35
Didnt enjoy that paper much it could have gone either way for me
Reply 36
antmjb

I put that pretty much, and something about social desirability bias...
I will have most probably dropped a mark there although I am not quite sure what else they were expecting us to write about...
Reply 37
for the question about the extraneous variable of that experiment to remember a shopping list...i wrote gender, and then they could use matched pairs to solve this problem. not sure if thats correct???? what did everyone else write???
Ahh!! WHy didnt Bowlby or learning theory comeee up!! only a 2 mark tick the box question!!? Learned loads for that!
Reply 39
Great paper, all the questions were fair really, 12 mark one was nicee :yep: Attachment part was harder, the question about that Luca boy and the naming of demand characteristics were the most difficult ones, but i got back to them and answered them decently i think! Aiming for a B or above, as i got a C in Unit 2 In January and resitting that too. I know i felt a lot better coming out of this exam than i did coming out of that exam! My first ever real revision really for these exams as i didn't revise much for January and GCSEs and before that :smile:

Quick Reply