This discussion is closed.
Riz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I have heard that Warwick applications normally take quite a long time to be processed, and it can take ages for any offers/rejections to come through

Has anyone applied this year and had an offer from Warwick yet? Especially for Psychology?? Or has anyone applied to Warwick in previous years and could tell me what their experience of applying to Warwick was like??

Thanks,

Riz x
Soulfish
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well I've had an offer through from warwick for Comp Sci, and I think someone else on this board might have had an offer for Comp Sci as well. I have heard though that warwick do usualy take a long time before they make offers/rejections.
Oli
Report 17 years ago
I got accepted by Warwick for Compsci. Were the last uni to send me anything tho..
TK0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
engineering, open day 28/2/4 dunno if ill go
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hmmph Warwick is the only one that ain't got back to me, at least Imperial were good enough to acknowledge my application. Three others have given me interviews and I've sent off another form to Cambridge. But nothing from Warwick. Is Maths competitive there?
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yep. I, too, am non existent for Warwick at the moment. Hmmmfff...don't they KNOW who I AM?! :rolleyes:
J.S.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Hmmph Warwick is the only one that ain't got back to me, at least Imperial were good enough to acknowledge my application. Three others have given me interviews and I've sent off another form to Cambridge. But nothing from Warwick. Is Maths competitive there?
Very, that's similar to Imperial/Cambridge. From experience Warwick/LSE like to reallllly take their time.
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've heard from Cambridge and UMIST only, although I got a letter of acceptance from Durham, nothing for Warwick Bath or Bristol yet
hotnanoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i'v applied to warwick for law no reply not even an aknowlegdement
scorpio
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yea, i'm at warwick doing engineering. They are definitely one of the latter uni's to respond. They were my last open day. Maths is very competitive there, as well as law and some of the business related courses.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by scorpio)
yea, i'm at warwick doing engineering. They are definitely one of the latter uni's to respond. They were my last open day. Maths is very competitive there, as well as law and some of the business related courses.
Don't really care anyway, I'm only serious about Cambridge, Manchester and Queen Mary.
Don
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Don't really care anyway, I'm only serious about Cambridge, Manchester and Queen Mary.
God, 50 posts a day, that'd be a very good test average!
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Warwick seem to be the last uni to deal with applications every year. Would make me worried about whether this apparent inefficiency applies to all other aspects of degree courses at their uni.
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm at Warwick, and they were the last ones to get back to me too.

There's loads of people doing maths here, think it's one of the more popular subjects, I dunno. Maybe I've just met that sort of person...

Maybe the fact that they're late with offers is that they take their time to decide whether you'd be right for the uni, therefore making a bit more effort.
Don
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
Warwick seem to be the last uni to deal with applications every year. Would make me worried about whether this apparent inefficiency applies to all other aspects of degree courses at their uni.
I'd personally be encouraged if any university I had applied to had taken a good deal of time before accepting me.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (4)
8.89%
Virtual campus tours/open days (9)
20%
Live streaming events (4)
8.89%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (5)
11.11%
A uni comparison tool (11)
24.44%
An in-person event when available (12)
26.67%