Turn on thread page Beta

Whats harder? Trig or calculus? watch

ReputationRep:
    I dont know im bored....

ReputationRep:
    what level? trig is easy as it doesn't really get into much detail.
    Calculus is sooooooo much harder because it extends so much

ReputationRep:
    Cant remember ever knowing what calculus is, but AS trig is headache material

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    Cant remember ever knowing what calculus is, but AS trig is headache material
    AS trig? Try A2!! Calculus dont really get hard until P3, but then it gets reeeally hard with the chain rule and stuff like that!

ReputationRep:
    I've always found calculus to be easier then trig. Could have had something to do with me being away for almost all of P2 trig and not having any idea about what I was ment to be doing untill I decided to teach myself what I'd missed :O

when you start using calculus on trig functions, thats when it gets really good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djwarfield)
    I dont know im bored....
    Basic Trig ie SOHCAHTOA walk in the park. Advanced trig, like differentiateing it and all sorts is a p*** take.

i spelt sohcahtoa wrong once on a mock. it was very sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :P:P:P:P:P)
    AS trig? Try A2!! Calculus dont really get hard until P3, but then it gets reeeally hard with the chain rule and stuff like that!
    Try degree level calculus!

At least trig stops at a certain point, theres nothing much to extend in it

ReputationRep:
    We've not done much hard calculus so far (1st year Physics degree). Saw a double integral though, but it wasn't too hard. But yeah, calculus is harder than trig.

ReputationRep:
    I found trig for P2 a whole lot more difficult than calculus, simply due to the difficulty of determining how to approach trig proof questions. That said, calculus looks a whole lot worse in P3.

ReputationRep:
    I would say calculus, but only because I'm doing further calculus as my option in IB methods, it is also my favourite of the two

ReputationRep:
    P1 trig is quite hard

ReputationRep:
    I hate them both. But I enjoy putting them to the sword, which is why I enjoy Maths really! I prefer proofs and statistics...

ReputationRep:
    stats is a lovely subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    I hate them both. But I enjoy putting them to the sword, which is why I enjoy Maths really! I prefer proofs and statistics...
    Like I said, I cant be your friend cause you dont like pure. Seriously though, I despise and detest stats, its easy but S2 is gonna p*** me off with all that hypothesis testing. Proofs are alright.My board is OCR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Like I said, I cant be your friend cause you dont like pure. Seriously though, I despise and detest stats, its easy but S2 is gonna p*** me off with all that hypothesis testing. Proofs are alright.My board is OCR.
    I like some pure maths! And like I said I get a real buzz from conquering an aspect of Maths I really hate. But stats is in my view fun to implement, and I like the courseworks! My board is AQA, and I did Syllabus A which includes Methods <blood boils>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    I like some pure maths! And like I said I get a real buzz from conquering an aspect of Maths I really hate. But stats is in my view fun to implement, and I like the courseworks! My board is AQA, and I did Syllabus A which includes Methods <blood boils>
    :eek: I dont get the option to do coursework :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    :eek: I dont get the option to do coursework :mad:
    In a way you're lucky, you don't waste time on coursework. I much prefer exams to coursework, I'd much rather turn on the style on a given day than plod along with a coursework for a far-off deadline that creeps up on you from out of nowhere...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BABYGUY)
    P1 trig is quite hard

LOL!! Are u studying P2 yet??? :s

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.