Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    its actually 18 months and this because of a chemical reaction happens in your body, it doesnt NESSICERELy(cant spell that)fade its just the enital "spark" would have gone.
    And hence, love does not exist. That spark is just momentary infatuation caused by chemicals in the brain...which makes you believe all sorts which isn't true.

ReputationRep:
    well i just read the subject and i dont know what everyone else has written but i feel love is out there and there is someone special out there for everyone.
    You know when your in love. when you can be yourself around them, you argue aswell as be friendly. you like spending time with each other and your stick by each other.

You know when your in love when you agree to those vows.. if you cant agree to those vows when you get married then i would really look back and make sure your in love.

ReputationRep:
    of course love exists. you know when you are in love. i should no cos i am in love with my girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Have u ever heard of the saying:

If you love something, let it go.
    If it comes back to you, love it forever.
    It it goes, it was never yours in the first place.

Sometimes things happen that can cuase emotional turmoil in a relationship. When you wake up the next morning to find your partner still there, after all those things horrible things you said, there's love.

I've noticed some ppl say it's just a concept. Might be, but there are many concepts in this world - it's what makes life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabzp)
    Have u ever heard of the saying:

If you love something, let it go.
    If it comes back to you, love it forever.
    It it goes, it was never yours in the first place.
    That may be true, but I have a better quote:

(Original post by Oscar Wilde)
    To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    That may be true, but I have a better quote:
    To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.
    If that means what I think it does, then I agree.
    Narcistic people rarely do stop loving themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely)
    i want ur opinion
    Yes!Oh God life without any form of love be it from a bf/gf, a friend or a parent is not a nice thought!
    It sounds like you've been hurt, but chin up love is out there for everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimmie)
    Yes!Oh God life without any form of love be it from a bf/gf, a friend or a parent is not a nice thought!
    It sounds like you've been hurt, but chin up love is out there for everyone!
    A big pile of money can compensate for love any day.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a bull. Sorry, but I disagree, but I suppose you're entitled to your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree.

ReputationRep:
    You really are bitter aren't you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    You really are bitter aren't you
    I prefer the term 'realistic'.

ReputationRep:
    It's only realistic because you're not willing to have a go.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    You can't say whether love exists or not. You just have to believe it does.

ReputationRep:
    You really believe that?

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I do think that love exists, although not in the fairytale 'one perfect person that you're destined to meet' way. I don't think there's any substitute for knowing there's someone who really cares about you, and having someone you really care about. Or maybe it's because I've never been bitter?

ReputationRep:
    Ok so we've all got our own ideas about the exsistance of love. Say, for a minute that it is true....but is love at first sight real?!

Personally, I don't think so.
    To love someone, u have to delve into their personality, that takes time.
    You might see someone and fancy him/her cos of first impressions, but not love.

what do u fink?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabzp)
    Ok so we've all got our own ideas about the exsistance of love. Say, for a minute that it is true....but is love at first sight real?!

Personally, I don't think so.
    To love someone, u have to delve into their personality, that takes time.
    You might see someone and fancy him/her cos of first impressions, but not love.

what do u fink?
    Personality is far more important...

ReputationRep:
    yes of course personality is important, u cant love someone cos of their looks. but im asking about 'love at first sight'. who beieves in it and why?

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe it because you can't tell (eveything about) a person's personality from your first look at them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I don't believe it because you can't tell (eveything about) a person's personality from your first look at them.
    thats what i thought but there's still ppl that argue that u can fall in love instantly...

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.