?
Report 11 years ago
Won't work.
burninginme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was born with big strong biceps. Gutted.
TheBrightShadow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
5kg dumbells? you must be joking....do you find it difficult to lift them?
if you do find it difficult youll find them as light as paper after a few workouts
Adonis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yes

but you need to do them with a bosu ball

and scream LIGHTWEIGHT BABY on every rep
Mr_Steve_Stifler
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Adonis)
yes

but you need to do them with a bosu ball

and scream LIGHTWEIGHT BABY on every rep

how much are you curling at the minute.?
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mr_Steve_Stifler)
how much are you curling at the minute.?
4.5kg

10lbs HARDCORE BABY
bishbashbosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
1) Flyes don't even work your biceps they work your chest.

And No 5 KG isn't fit for an ant.
Mr_Steve_Stifler
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Adonis)
4.5kg

10lbs HARDCORE BABY

you gay :p:
ryan*TANK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sure you'll respond...only for so long
mike1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ignore these unhelpful ***** How old are you OP?

If hes younger than 14/15, then 5kg is acceptable to start at, but it will be easy within 2 weeks and no more growth can occur, just buy bigger weights if your that serious.

If you wanted to do it bad enough you can find a way to buy it.
stud_of_the_south
Report 11 years ago
The way secret way to build muscle both tone and strength is to use the heaviest possible weights you can preform 1 rep with and maintain the technique. Then take 80% of this weight and use this to preform multiple reps, 3 times a week for 2 months and you will notice the effects
Ahmato
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Get some awesome toneage on the go though, if you do ridiculous reps.
surjective
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You might find this helpful
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...bell_Exercises
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Question 1 ) [/U][/B]Just wondering whether if with 2 x 5KG dumbells. Generally working out lifting each weight and stressing the arm repeatedly for half an hour plus doing exercises like Dumbbell Flyes can build big and strong biceps?
No, all it will do is make you better at curling and flying a 5kg dumbbell. 5kg is not very much weight at all, so by average standards you won't build a large amount of muscle and you won't be considered strong at all.

If you want to get bigger and stronger you're going to have to lift progressively heavier weights, have a decent workout regime and have a decent diet.

Question 2 )[/U][/B] Does someone like that still need to take a day off to rest their muscles and to recover or is it OK to exercise it everyday seeing as there only 5KG...
Muscle tissue is broken down slightly when you exercise, it's when you rest that your muscles get repaired and can potentially grow back bigger. Work out every day working the same muscles and your muscles don't get the time they need to repair and grow, they're persistently getting broken down.

It's been a week and I've already seen some growth..
I very much doubt that, more likely it's just swelling from increased blood flow to the affected muscles from working them (ie; 'the pump') and/or swelling from the trauma of exercising every day working the same muscles.
RawJoh1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ahmato)
Get some awesome toneage on the go though, if you do ridiculous reps.
Die.
Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
unfortunately you will never be strong as you are an ape and not a BEAR. consequently you will never recieve the admiration of the powerbear community and have your efforts go unnoticed. sorry.
olly_springs
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Surely you should be progressing slowly, not just jumping to a ridiculous weight you can't manage because some **** on TSR who is probably a skinny little weed told you that he lifts 50kg three times a day.

The fitness chart that came with my dumbells (York btw) said you should find a weight that you can lift relatively easily, and do 12 reps. The up the weight slightly and do 10 reps, and then up it again by about the same amount and do 8 reps, then move onto the next exercise. For me this tends to just be adding another wheel onto the bar each time to increase the weight.
Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
wtf youre training for the shot putt and curl 5kg dbs?! jesus what is your best throw, bet i'd whoop your ass.

that dario guy on youtube trains for that and can powerclean 100kg with one hand and deadlifts like 300kg!
Stratos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You gotta get the 12kg and do some tricep training since shottput requires a combination of tricep/ shoulder/back and will power
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you understand exactly how your grades will be decided this summer?

Yes (157)
31.59%
No (245)
49.3%
I don't need to understand (95)
19.11%

Watched Threads