This discussion is closed.
++Hex++
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
one of my lecturers looks just like gollum!
What?!

As in enormous head, worryingly thin, grey skin, four hairs? Or just the way he talks? :confused:

BTW, I think one of my lecturers looks a bit like Paul Merton. He's got a strange sense of humour as well...
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My french teacher looks a bit like the leader of the witches from 'Hocus Pocus'
Dam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
i meant tutor blokey from electronics- giles pointed it out!
Oh right! I read ++hex+'s post first before yours and thought it was MB though! an uncanny description!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My Science teacher Mr Nash was such a dodo! Our Science lessons were usually quite rowdy (unexpected for a top set?) when he took over our class. Naturally we carried on our rowdy ways, throwing aeroplanes and balls of paper, taking the mick out of Nash's voice, hollering humour across the classroom.

One paper ball flew right acroos him, and he shouted: "Whoever threw that ball of paper...", he paused for a half-second. During which we all though "We're in for it now", then he came out with: "... is lucky they haven't been caught." We were in bits, laughing our heads off! From then on we knew he was easy, so we just kept on our rowdiness.

Another time he shouted at all of us: "Will you be quiet, it's like a menagerie in here!!!" My mate Simone asked what a menagerie was. Now any other teacher would still be fuming and lay into this person for their audacity. He said: "A menagerie is where they keep animals...", our table went mad, it was hilarious! From then on we always ask him what a menagerie is if he passes by.

But this is the funniest one. Our coursework involved ping-pong balls, plasticene and lead ball bearings. All three, and the aforementioned paper, were being thrown about in abundance. My mate Alan threw a ball of plasticene at my chest. My retaliation was to throw it back. Unfortunately it went a bit left of my target... straight onto Nash's backside! The noise it made was class, like a clap, and the whole class turned, they knew what happened. Nash jumped up on impact and turned straight away: "WHO WAS THAT!?" The whole class grassed me up. Well I wasn't making an effort to conceal myself. So he sent me out. But it was so worth it, that sound and the reaction was crazy!

Even now he don't teach us no more (he teaches A-Level Physics) we have jokes about him. Ahh those were the days!
Chima
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
at my old school we had a teacher called Mrs Large... she was the fattest person in the place... almost round really...

lou xxx

Once had a teacher at my college called Mr. Dickfelt... he was just a ********
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Our head of year from Year 9-11 was Ms Johnson, you have to see her size to believe it! She sinks the car when she gets in! And she used to be a bit of an athlete... But she meant business though, she could reduce you to tears the way she had her authority over us. But my best memory of her is when she buckled while going down the stairs. Someone came out with "Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'..." Everyone that was there (and this was between lessons so most people were using the stairs to get to lessons) just cracked up! Still, she did bring my dad in once because I was slacking hugely. The pair of them slaughtered me that day. Came out with 11 C+ grades anyway, even though I hardly changed my pace of work since then...
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Even now he don't teach us no more (he teaches A-Level Physics) we have jokes about him. Ahh those were the days!
we had a teacher like that- she taught music and being the goody goody all girls school we were, we shut her in the cupboard (where they kept keyboards + stuff) and made her sing baa baa black sheep to get out (the funny thing was that exactly the same thing had happened at her old school which she used to moan about all the time). from then on in lessons we were uncontrollable + someone actually bought in one of those shaun the sheep dolls that actually baaed + they used to play it at quiet moments in the lesson. the teachers solution was to make everyone who misbehaved move to the front- those desks were on a permanant rota...

lou xxx
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Raine's has a wierd assortment of teachers, some are safe (i.e. nice people, for those who don't know the slang), some funny, some could cut you up with one shout, and some who are just cuckoo.

My favourite has to be Mr Inuabasi (or Basi for short), my year 9-12 Maths teacher. He said the funniest things, and with the funniest voice (he's Ghanian). Like when he couldn't find his board rubber he would say "This is supposed to be a Christian school!" (It's a Church of England school by the way). Or one time he went to the next door class who were being quite noisy, the whole class shut up. He asked the teacher in there who was being noisy, and the teacher pointed out who it was. Basi said "Oh all the black kids!" To be honest it wouldn't have been funny if he wasn't black himself (or if he wasn't Basi for that matter). Still he was a quality teacher. He would hand out so many sheets of questions for homework for a ridiculous deadline, and most people in the class stressed themselves over it. Me and my mate Gurpal hardly did any, and would always chat with him after lessons about how the number of questions you do aren't relevant so long as you understood it. And I would think to myself if ever I saw someone doing Maths homework: "Sucker!"
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
my maths teacher was hilarious the other day... she came in to teach us pure + then moaned that the stats teacher had nabbed all the pens. it was really funny cos we were like 'yeah mrs poutney took them all + ran off giggling...' (the image of our stats teacher running + giggling holding a handful of pens would keep anyone giggling forever)

lou xxx
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I guess for a lot of these teacher descriptions we just have to be there to fully appreciate them, I know for sure my descriptions of Nash and Basi did not do them justice...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (229)
51.35%
No (217)
48.65%

Watched Threads