Watch
This discussion is closed.
roots
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

http://www.mediachannel.org/ownership/chart.shtml

Thats Time Warner, Disney, News Corporation, Vivendi and Viacom... 5 out of the 6 major media companies.
coren111
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cocacola786)
I am skeptical of this Ashkenazis super intelligence. First of all the average IQ for Israel is 94. The average for the arabs is thought to be 85. If Ashkenazis make up 50% of the Israeli population that leaves an average of 103.

The largest report on Ashkenazis intelligence i have found is by Backman. His findings were a number around 107-108. Richard Lynn, a very respected psychologists was the author of a report which showed an average IQ of 103.

Most leading psycologists believe that for real high IQ levels you have to look to Hong Kong. I agree that in the western world Ashkenazis Jews have been succesfull. However i doubt this is due to them being geniuses. I am not doubting they have a slightly above average IQ but the numbers Jews give are exagerated.
Well, they make up 38% of Israeli Jews, so about 30% of Israel's population. By my estimates that is not significant enough to raise the whole of the nation's IQ by a lot.

And as you know high intelligence is only one part of being successful. Intelligence + good upbringing + hard work etc = success.

Anyway this is irrelevant. Jewish people are very successful in many many areas including business, legal profession, media etc. Doesn't mean they use it for any collective purpose. I would love to see any proof they do because it doesn't exist. It would be a modern-day "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" thing. The same old anti-Semitism is still going round from the time the Protocols were created. Jews control the world and they will steal every penny on their way. They will drink every baby's blood and then they will have mastery.

It's all bullsh1t. Each Jew that is very successful does it for their own wealth/fame/whatever. Not because they are a Jew and have any ulterior motive.
roots
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by coren111)
No, Sephardis haven't got particularly high IQ scores.
It is only Ashkenazis. They are from a completely different part of the world.
So it depends on what part of the world you are from, climate? geography? continent?
cocacola786
Badges: 7
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Topmanfaz)
In before anti-Semitism.

P.S. Einstein innit.
Im not anti semitic in fact i have a great deal of respect fo Jewish faith and culture.

P.S read about Lorentz "innit"
coren111
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by roots)

http://www.mediachannel.org/ownership/chart.shtml

Thats Time Warner, Disney, News Corporation, Vivendi and Viacom... 5 out of the 6 major media companies.
I think you are mistaken. It is 8 out of the biggest 8 major media companies. Either way, someone is a bit jealous...
Topmanfaz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im not anti semitic in fact i have a great deal of respect fo Jewish faith and culture.

P.S read about Lorentz "innit"
Lol, no you took it the wrong way.

What's so good about Lorentz? Just checked his pedia.
roots
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think you are mistaken. It is 8 out of the biggest 8 major media companies. Either way, someone is a bit jealous...
Which 8?

I think you've got me all wrong, i'm not at all jealous.

Even bertelsman?
cocacola786
Badges: 7
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Topmanfaz)
Lol, no you took it the wrong way.

What's so good about Lorentz? Just checked his pedia.
NM was about the "great" enistein. Anyway another topic for another day. lol
coren111
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Also if you look back in history Jews have not really shaped the world in anyway. The muslims and christians have been much more succesful. Name me any Jewish civilisation which helped shape the world? In the history of mankind the Jews have been not been anywhere as near significant.
LOL it started out as Jews control media etc now they are insignificant?
No need to prove anything to you; look at the world around you. From a tiny population of 14 million Jews are so successful. Thats about 0.2% of the world's population. From that they have won 27% of Nobel Prizes in all subjects, half the world's chess champions, best in many fields incl Hollywood (Spielberg and the rest of Hollywood is Jewsih) the list goes on an on.

Muslims, on the other hand, constitute 1/6th of the world's population and have won less than 10 Nobel Prizes!
roots
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
And as you know high intelligence is only one part of being successful. Intelligence + good upbringing + hard work etc = success.
There are thousands in this country who have just that yet they still work at the local supermarket.

CANADA

Israel Harold "Izzy" Asper.

Canadian tax lawyer and media magnate, was the founder of CanWest Global Communications Corp and father to current CEO and President Leonard Asper, current director and corporate secretary Gail Asper, as well as Executive Vice President David Asper. Canwest Global Communications Corp., operating under the corporate brand Canwest, is one of Canada's largest international media companies. Canwest is often cited as an example of how the ownership of Canadian media has become concentrated in the hands of a few individuals and large corporations.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (The CBC), is the country’s national public radio and television broadcaster.

Robert Rabinovitch is a Canadian public servant and businessman, and he served as the President and CEO of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation from 1999 to 2007. He served as Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Canadian Jewish Congress (Québec) until his appointment to the CBC.

Richard Stursberg has been the executive vice president of CBC/Radio Canada since October 1, 2004
coren111
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by roots)
Which 8?

I think you've got me all wrong, i'm not at all jealous.

Even bertelsman?
If you're not jealous, why are you doing this? We already know how successful Jews are.
roots
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
best in many fields incl Hollywood (Spielberg and the rest of Hollywood is Jewsih) the list goes on an on.
Yes.
roots
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you're not jealous, why are you doing this? We already know how successful Jews are.
Doing what?

Yes Jews are successful.
coren111
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by roots)
There are thousands in this country who have just that yet they still work at the local supermarket.
They must be missing one thing, maybe ambition?
I don't know how many people there are who are really skilled and intelligent and work hard and yet still work on Minimum Wage. There must be some though, you're right. There are also poor Jews believe it or not!
coren111
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by roots)
Doing what?

Yes Jews are successful.
I don't see the purpose of this thread. We have all established Jews are successful. End of thread?
jamessimth5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes of course we do.
roots
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They must be missing one thing, maybe ambition?
I don't know how many people there are who are really skilled and intelligent and work hard and yet still work on Minimum Wage. There must be some though, you're right. There are also poor Jews believe it or not!
Im sure many have ambition, otherwise they wouldn't have worked hard in the first place.

But im sure that yes, some do lack ambition since having the right surroundings, having everything in place definitely helps

They may not be on minimum wage level but they don't attain their potential.
jamessimth5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh and Hitler claimed Jews ran the world, the events of the holocaust prove that they don't.

Go meet some Jews they can't agree for 10 seconds, let alone formulate some world domination plan, the fact that some of you on this thread still believe that is laughable. A mixture of the old idiocy and jealousy is at work here, if any group rule the world it is white anglo-saxon males not Jews.
roots
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jamessimth5)
Oh and Hitler claimed Jews ran the world, the events of the holocaust prove that they don't.

Go meet some Jews they can't agree for 10 seconds, let alone formulate some world domination plan, the fact that some of you on this thread still believe that is laughable. A mixture of the old idiocy and jealousy is at work here, if any group rule the world it is white anglo-saxon males not Jews.
Noone is talking about a world domination plan!

Coren, what are the 8 companies?
roots
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ben Shalom Bernanke - is the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the United States Federal Reserve. He is ranked 4th most powerful person in the world in an annual ranking by Newsweek

Donald Kohn (Jewish) - Vice chairman of the Federal Reserve, 2006 - 2010 (4 year term)

Arthur F. Burns (Jewish) - Chairman of the Federal Reserve from 1970 to 1978

Alan Greenspan (Jewish)- Previous chairman of the US Federal Reserve from 1987 to 2006.

Alan Blinder
(Jewish) Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System from 1994 to 1996

Lawrence Summers - (Jewish) "Summers is director of Obama's National Economic Council. He may at a later time succeed Ben Bernanke as Chairman of the Federal Reserve."

Paul Warburg, an immigrant German Jew and a driving force behind creation of the Fed. Warburg also served, albeit reluctantly, as one of President Wilson's five initial appointments to the Fed Board of Governors (from its 1914 inception until 1918) and was considered by some as the de facto Chairman.

Robert Zoellik (Jewish) - World Bank president 2007 present

James Wolfensohn
(Jewish) - World Bank president 1995 - 2005

Paul Wolfowitz
(Jewish) - World Bank president 2005 - 2007

Eugene Meyer (Jewish) First President of the World Bank in June 1946.

Alden W. Clausen
(Jewish) World Bank president 1981 - 1986

Also Chairman of the Federal Reserve from 1930 to 1933.

World Bank Chief Economist -

"The position of World Bank Chief Economist is one of the most influential in economics. The full title is Senior Vice President, Development Economics, and Chief Economist. The chief economist provides intellectual leadership and direction to the Bank’s overall development strategy and economic research agenda, at global, regional and country levels. As a member of the Bank’s senior management team the person advises the President and Bank’s management on economic issues."

Stanley Fischer
- (Jew) 1988-1990
Lawrence Summers - (Jew) 1991-1993
Michael Bruno - (Jew) 1993-1996
Joseph E. Stiglitz - (Jew) 1997–2000
Nicholas Stern - (Jew) 2000–2003

1988 - 2003!!!

Dominique Strauss-Kahn (Jewish) - Managing Director (head) of International Monetary Fund 2007 - present

John Lipsky
(Jewish) - First Deputy Managing Director (second in charge) of International Monetary Fund. 2006 - present

Stanley Fischer
(Jewsh) - First Deputy Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund, 1994 - 2001. Governor of the Bank of Israel from May 1, 2005

Obamas economic policy advisors

8 out of 21 are Jewish: Liebman, Romer, Romer, Rubin, Summers, Blinder, Bernstein, Reich

http://econ4obama.blogspot.com/2008/...-economic.html

Arthur Levitt (Jewish) - Chairman of American Stock Exchange, 1978 - 1989

Robert Greifeld (Jew??) - President and CEO of NASDAQ stock exchange.

Sanford I. Weill, commonly known as Sandy Weill is an American banker, financier and philanthropist. He is a former chief executive officer and chairman of Citigroup Inc. He served in those positions until October 1, 2003 and April 18, 2006 respectively.

Citigroup Inc., doing business as Citi, is a major American financial services company based in New York, NY. Citigroup was formed from one of the world's largest mergers in history by combining the banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group on April 7, 1998. Citigroup Inc. has the world's largest financial services network, spanning 107 countries with approximately 12,000 offices worldwide.

In 1993 he reacquired his old Shearson brokerage (now Shearson Lehman) from American Express for $1.2 billion. By the end of the year, he had completely taken over Travelers Corp in a $4 billion stock deal and officially began calling his corporation Travelers Group Inc. In 1996 he added to his holdings, at a cost of $4 billion, the property and casualty operations of Aetna Life & Casualty. In September 1997 Weill acquired Salomon Inc., the parent company of Salomon Brothers Inc. for over $9 billion in stock.

In April 1998 Travelers Group announced an agreement to undertake the $76 billion merger between Travelers and Citicorp, and the merger was completed on October 8, 1998.

The merged companies became the largest financial services company in the world, with 100 million customers in 100 countries. At first, Sanford Weill served as Co-Chairman and Co-CEO with Citicorp Chairman John S. Reed, but in 2000 Weill became the sole Chairman and CEO of Citigroup. Under Weill's leadership, Citigroup achieved unprecedented success

In 2001, Sanford I. Weill became a Class A Director of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Class A Directors are Board Members who are elected by Member Banks (of the Federal Reserve System) to represent the interests of Member Banks.

Robert Edward Rubin served as the 70th United States[U] Secretary of the Treasury during both the first and second Clinton administrations.[/i] Before his government service, he spent 26 years at Goldman Sachs. On July 1, 2002, [U]Rubin became a member of Harvard Corporation, the executive governing board of Harvard University.[/i]

In 1999, Rubin joined Citigroup as a board member and as a participant "in strategic managerial and operational matters of the Company, but no line responsibilities. The Wall Street Journal called this mix of oversight and management responsibilities "murky." In an interview with the Journal, Rubin said: "I think I've been a very constructive part of the Citigoup environment." Separately, the Journal noted that Citigroup shareholders have suffered losses of more than 70 percent since Rubin joined the firm and that he encouraged changes that led the firm to the brink of collapse. From November to December 2007, he served temporarily as Chairman of Citigroup

During his time in the private sector, Rubin has served on the board of directors of the New York Stock Exchange, the Ford Motor Company, Citigroup, the Harvard Corporation, the New York Futures Exchange, the New York City Partnership and the Center for National Policy. He has also served on the the President's Advisory Committee for Trade Negotiations, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Market Oversight and Financial Services Advisory Committee, the Mayor of New York's Council of Economic Advisors and the Governor's Council on Fiscal and Economic Priorities for the State of New York.

Felix George Rohatyn
is an American investment banker known for his role in preventing the bankruptcy of New York City in the 1970s, who also served as United States Ambassador to France., 1997 - 2000.

On August 22, 2006, he was appointed by Lehman Brothers as chairman of its international advisory committee and as a senior adviser to its chairman, Richard S. Fuld, Jr. (Jewish). He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations

........................................................................................

Economic Policy Institute

President: Larry Mishel (Jewish)
Previous Vice President: Ross Eisenbrey (until 2009????) (Jewish??)
New position of Chief Economist and Economic Policy Advisor to new Vice President Joe Biden - Jared Bernstein (Jewish)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (27)
36.49%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (7)
9.46%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
5.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (22)
29.73%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (9)
12.16%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
6.76%

Watched Threads