Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'v got an offer from Birmingham Uni for Law. The offer is AAA which is harsh but so what. They'v given me an open day to go to. My questions are :
    i) Is this gonna be like an interview
    ii) Is it likeley they will ask me stuff about my personal statement
    iii) Any one from here going to open day at Birmnigham especially law
    iv)Whats other people offer
    v) what should i wear casual or suit

ReputationRep:
    i) No
    ii) No
    iii) Probably
    iv) I don't know
    v) Casual
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    I'v got an offer from Birmingham Uni for Law. The offer is AAA which is harsh but so what. They'v given me an open day to go to. My questions are :
    i) Is this gonna be like an interview
    ii) Is it likeley they will ask me stuff about my personal statement
    iii) Any one from here going to open day at Birmnigham especially law
    iv)Whats other people offer
    v) what should i wear casual or suit
    i) No
    ii) Small possibility
    iii) :shrug:
    iv) Since uni's can no longer see what other offers you've recieved there seems to be a growing tendency to offer people their predicted grades - especially people predicted straight A's...think about it if you've got an offer from B'ham for AAA and another from Manchester for AAB which would you chose as firm and which as insurance? They're trying to get you to commit to come to them rather than get masses of insurance people. I wouldn't be surprised to find that even if you drop a grade they would still accept you at confirmation...they just want the possibility of a striaght A applicant becoming a CF - and eventually a UF.
    v) smarter than scruffy but still something you're comfy in.

ReputationRep:
    i) Is this gonna be like an interview -no you've had your offer
    ii) Is it likeley they will ask me stuff about my personal statement - yes if your gonna be meeting someone personally, i was in reading, but nowhere else.
    iii) Any one from here going to open day at Birmnigham especially law - nope, im in exeter
    iv)Whats other people offer n/a
    v) what should i wear casual or suit- casual, unless you wear a suit regularly anyway.

love Katy ***

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.