The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Did anyone go to Devonshire self-catered?

The chap doing the tour said that the rooms are going to be re-furbished for next year, but I want to check that the refurbishment includes the entire flat..ie the kitchen, living area and hallways ect...

It is just that they were a bit grotty (at least the one that I saw..).

I didn't have time to go on the tour around the whole of Devonshire, so are there and other defining characteristics that could make it a good choice?

Merci!
J.
:cool:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I've just applied for residence in Leodis accomodation! Loved it! :biggrin:
Reply 42
omg is sentinel so bad bad bad then? I have already applied for it ,goddamn gotta call acc team and change my decision! :eek:

So now im wondering- whether to choose clarence dock or leodis :/
the only disadvantage of CD is the distance from the uni. On the other hand its close to the centre and rooms are bigger right?
I've been also wondering- do students from CD spend their time in the city or do they go to headingley?

If someone could answer pls, i wish i could go for open day but flight tickets are too expensive atm :frown:
<--internation students too *sigh*
Reply 43
zadra
omg is sentinel so bad bad bad then? I have already applied for it ,goddamn gotta call acc team and change my decision! :eek:

So now im wondering- whether to choose clarence dock or leodis :/
the only disadvantage of CD is the distance from the uni. On the other hand its close to the centre and rooms are bigger right?
I've been also wondering- do students from CD spend their time in the city or do they go to headingley?

If someone could answer pls, i wish i could go for open day but flight tickets are too expensive atm :frown:
<--internation students too *sigh*

Ummm, sentinel towers isn't *that* bad, its just went you compare it with some of the others. It was one of the nicest when I applied 4 years ago, I'm guessing they just haven't done much too it recently. Its one thats popular with international students, but there is a rumour that it has a rat problem (I've never seen one there, but then again I've only walked pst once or twice)

Clarance Dock isn't *that* far, you've all just been spoilt with Leodis!! We spent more time on the city centre, because it was nearer and there was more choice than in Headingley.

Basically you get what you pay for with accomodation, the nicer ones cost more, and the cheaper ones aren't as nice. Where ever you end up I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you make the effort
:frown: people asked for information and i added a big long post on it, and no one responded :frown:
*i feel invisible..no one here likes me.....*
Reply 45
marisad_uk
*i feel invisible..no one here likes me.....*

Oh no! Don't feel like that...perhaps it is because your post was so gob-smackingly awe-inspiring that they are lost for words!

In any case, i appreciate it!
Chin up!
J.
:smile:
jimbobismad
Oh no! Don't feel like that...perhaps it is because your post was so gob-smackingly awe-inspiring that they are lost for words!

In any case, i appreciate it!
Chin up!
J.
:smile:

thanks J. :smile:
Reply 47
I'm pretty sure i like james ballie park best. Anyone else go to see it on the open day?
allodoxa
I'm pretty sure i like james ballie park best. Anyone else go to see it on the open day?

nope, didnt really want to look at anywhere above my price range incase i fell in love with it and then realised i really really couldnt afford it and a social life 2. Pretty jealous of all you people who can afford the likes of J.B. Bet they are really nice :biggrin: im sure all of us scint students in the less expensive places will find a way to sneak over to the more expensive places at every oppourtunity, maybe to destroy them mwahauauhauahahaha :cheers:
Reply 49
@ Marisad uk

What residence did u choose?
Oxley flats (hopefully get an ensuite) what about you?
lol i onli got to see 2 places all day!!!!

AND spent half the day comming up and going bk to london!

well i liked devonshire-it didnt look grotty to me! ive heard its one of the hardest to get a palce at!

also bod seemed okay...........but im planning to go catered, is anyone else

where at???? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :p:
Reply 52
Am going for Leodis.
marisad_uk
Montague- average, nicer than lupton bout same as C.D not as nice as bod/oxley.looks nice area and outside areas for hanging about in or whatver, but inside nothing looked different to anywhere else. Average size rooms etc. Very close to uni only 5minute walk, but not ensuite and shared bathroom area looked a bit dingy.

Most of the shared toilets/showers looked way too cramped/small for 4 or 5 people to share in all of the accomodation i looked at, but all ensuite rooms looked really nice, especially in C.D

Ewww. Dingy bathrooms.. :frown:
Reply 54
right, ..now which one should i choose- Leodis or Clarence Dock... *sigh* decisions decisions. Well ,and does anyone know if rooms in Clarence Dock are as small as ones in leodis? Damn im so confused now lol, hmm but city centre, i guess i might go for CD :/ grrr dunno..
Reply 55
zadra
right, ..now which one should i choose- Leodis or Clarence Dock... *sigh* decisions decisions. Well ,and does anyone know if rooms in Clarence Dock are as small as ones in leodis? Damn im so confused now lol, hmm but city centre, i guess i might go for CD :/ grrr dunno..

Umm, I never saw a room in Leodis (it wasn't built in my first year!!) but the CD rooms are very reasonably sized, you have a single bed, desk, wardrobe, and bedside table, then a set of shelves for storage. Unless you have a really excessive amount of stuff there'll be planty of room
Reply 56
I've applied to Leodis.
Reply 57
Thank you ditzy :smile: So u say the distance is not as much of a pain then...hmmm looks like CD it will be.

btw. is the pool working there :> ?
Reply 58
zadra
Thank you ditzy :smile: So u say the distance is not as much of a pain then...hmmm looks like CD it will be.

btw. is the pool working there :> ?

Nah, ok its not as close as Leodis, but its in an up and coming area etc, and the distance really isn't as bad as everyones saying.

The pool? Which pool?
Reply 59
*cough* well ... thats what leeds site is saying about onsite facilities :biggrin: :
Parking, cycle sheds, launderette, shop, café bar with satellite TV, --->pool and darts<----- :smile: but ah well, what are pubs for anyway :>

And about the distance-case: so it takes around 15-20 mins to get at uni by bus? if so then tomorrow i'm changing my choice from sentinel to clarence :>

Latest