The Student Room Group

The Great Kids TV Shows from the 90's!! ...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Noah's Island :biggrin:
Does anyone remember the names of these shows at all (cant remember if its was late 90s or early 000s):

- a real (ie not animation) tv show on ITV I think, called something like 'zombie cafe' where a bunch of zombies and a guy dressed as a mummy live or work in some cafe..?

- another real acting tv show (not animation) whereby the antagonist is some grandma, but is a witch with magical powers and in one of the episodes she traps the kids in a room where the walls start to close in on them, they escape and confront her on a swing in the playground..?
Reply 162
Recess, Rugrats, Arthur, Kenan and Kel, powerpuff girls and the power rangers. These were all favs of mine and seem far more better than what my younger sister watches on telly nowadays
Reply 163
Maid Marian & Her Merry Men <3
Moomins
Albert the Fifth Musketeer
William's Wish Wellingtons
The Queen's Nose
The Demon Headmaster
Wild House
Incredible Games
Street Sharks
Sharky & George
Poddington Peas
Bikermice from Mars
Oscars Orchestra?
Animals of Farthing Wood
Goosebumps
Round the Twist
Are you Afraid of the Dark?
The Busy World of Richard Scarry
<3
Reply 164
Does anyone remember a kids show from the 90's that was on BBC (I think) about Pirates? Played by real peeps, not a cartoon
Even though the thread is pretty old, I'm going to throw some of my own in the mix,
*This is going to feature toddler shows from Nick Jr and BBC Choice*
Okie Doke
Brum
Bits and Bobs
Smart
Art Attack (ah I loved Neil Buchanan)
Jungle Run
Come Outside (RIP Pippin)
Get Your Own Back
Rolie Polie Olie
Bite Size
The magic pencil (the show that taught you *sortof* how to write a letter of the alphabet)
can I be cheeky and mention Sesame Street :biggrin:
Winnie the Pooh
Little Bill
Blue's Clues
Christ this list is massive I haven't even listed Fox Kids/Jetix and Cartoon Network yet. 90's > now
Original post by Moomino
Does anyone remember a kids show from the 90's that was on BBC (I think) about Pirates? Played by real peeps, not a cartoon

Hmm can you give more detail about the show? I might be able to trace to the show you're thinking of
Reply 167
Arthur, Hey Arnold, Recess, Rugrats, Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd & Eddy, Grange Hill, Byker Grove, Jungle Run, The Ghost Hunter.
Reply 168
anyone rember UBOS? Ace Lightning, Yvom of the yukon?round the twist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There where so many good kids shows from the 90's:

Rosie and jim
tots tv
Playdays
noddy
the book of pooh
tweenies
brum
art attack
smart
finger tips (another art show- similar to art attack and smart)
Come outside
goosebumps
the queens nose
the deemon headmaster
home farm twins
arthur
chucklevision

And my favourite of all time was...the secret life of toys
No one i talk to seems to have heard of this show. But it was a bit like toy story in that it was about a kids bedroom and the toys came to life when no one was there. The kid always left the room at the beginning of the show.
I dont know if its just me, but the kids shows nowadays dont seem half as good as the ones from the 90's
Original post by Emma:-)
I dont know if its just me, but the kids shows nowadays dont seem half as good as the ones from the 90's

It's just you. Adventure Time, Gravity Falls & Regular Show > 90s kids shows.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
It's just you. Adventure Time, Gravity Falls & Regular Show > 90s kids shows.

I have to disagree.
Most of the shows in the 90's where amazing, whereas most of the ones nowadays are rubbish.

My mum and dad always said when i was younger that the kids shows that where on at the time wherent as good as the ones that where on when they where kids. Now, having seen some of the kids shows that are on nowadays, i kind of see where they where coming from. God that makes me feel old.
I have to disagree.
Most of the shows in the 90's where amazing, whereas most of the ones nowadays are rubbish.

My mum and dad always said when i was younger that the kids shows that where on at the time wherent as good as the ones that where on when they where kids. Now, having seen some of the kids shows that are on nowadays, i kind of see where they where coming from. God that makes me feel old.

How much of that is nostalgia talking though? Speaking objectively, in terms of quality I'd argue that the cartoons kids have nowadays are far greater in quality. They aren't patronising & they're not afraid to take risks. The 90s had decent cartoons but they were very formulaic/episodic with little to no plot advancement. (Saying that, live action kids TV is terrible nowadays although that has nearly always been the case)
Reply 174
There where so many good kids shows from the 90's:

Rosie and jim
tots tv
Playdays
noddy
the book of pooh
tweenies
brum
art attack
smart
finger tips (another art show- similar to art attack and smart)
Come outside
goosebumps
the queens nose
the deemon headmaster
home farm twins
arthur
chucklevision

And my favourite of all time was...the secret life of toys
No one i talk to seems to have heard of this show. But it was a bit like toy story in that it was about a kids bedroom and the toys came to life when no one was there. The kid always left the room at the beginning of the show.

Yeah, I watched that one a few times in 1998 I think. It used to be on 3pm every day if memory serves me right. Rosie & Jim was probably on after that, lol.
Original post by noggins
Yeah, I watched that one a few times in 1998 I think. It used to be on 3pm every day if memory serves me right. Rosie & Jim was probably on after that, lol.

Im glad im not the only one who remembers the show.
I thought that show was awesome, among all the good shows that used to be on in the 90's that was definitely the best.

Quick Reply

Latest