Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Applying for provisional - passport serial number? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the middle of filling out my application for my provisional license. I'm enclosing my passport as my identity document. I need to write down my serial number.

I have my passport with me but have no idea which is the serial number? Any ideas? Is it the really long numbers/letters mix at the bottom of the photo page? Or just my passport number?

ReputationRep:
    It's the short number at the top, although you shouldn't have to send off your passport with it.

ReputationRep:
    you can get it validated at the post office without sending off your passport. theyll just inspect it and so on...

ReputationRep:
    Someone asked this before. See here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...30&postcount=6

You don't need to send your passport if it's a modern machine readable one and you fill in Part A and sign it.

ReputationRep:
    Should just do it online if you can, then you only need to send in one signed form and a picture. Although you have to pay online. Got mine within a week when I applied online.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.