How long does it take for wisdom teeth to fully grow?

Watch
1992nickie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well mine started 2 come threw last year and they pulled 1 of my other teeth out 2 make room for it but instead it has started 2 grow at the back i have been in pain for 2 days now because half of the tooth has come threw but im still waiting for the rest 2 come threw
asdfghjookl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
bump
Layla5.0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’ younger than 16, my wisdom teeth already appear close to the gum. The dentist said it was surprising but it may take a year. Not sure how it feels? Kinda worrisome.
Anonymous123456x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Having had my appendix removed due to appendicitis, I do not recommend surgery for the sake of surgery. The recovery is not fun!!
Ericktejeda19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am 31yrs old and my bottom right wisdom tooth just decided to come out...this mother [email protected]#! Hurts like hell.its been on going for about. 2weeks now,and looks like the tooth is half way out how much longer do i have..its killing me!
Beckz77
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mine hasn’t come out yet completely.. one has come out partially and it has been one and half years now.. the second one is slightly coming out and it’s causing me so much pain.. the rest haven’t even come out yet.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Mine hasn’t come out yet completely. One came out partially and it has been a year and half now.. another one has just started growing and it’s causing me a lot of pain.. no movement from the other guys.. i hope it comes out soon because it’s really painful
GTyler
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes
rachelcerita
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm getting nervous because a month ago, my dentist saw that I have my third molar. He also suggested for me to have braces. I asked him what was the most important one to do: to remove the third molar or have my braces. He told me that my third molar was not yet that growing and swelling so I should do my braces first. But now, I think my gums are swelling because of my wisdom tooth. It is hard for me to swallow,sides of my wisdom tooth are swelling and I think I have swelling in my throat. What should I do? I'm scared!
TheTroll73
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
uh lol this thread is pretty old why is it revived?
tellame
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im on my 3rd year, i only have 2 and one has been coming out in 1/4. this last quarter has taken forever and has been the most painful. about a week or 2 of pain and then it stops. then a couple of months later it starts again. The one on top is almost out and i didnt even notice. the bottom gums are the ones that hurt. they are a little crooked but not impacted. Im 29.
homemadeclock
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
depends on the size of your jaw i think? because i've got all four for about 3 years now and yeah it was tender for a few weeks
homemadeclock
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
but they're more susceptible to bacteria because they're harder to clean and so are more likely to cause tooth decay so be careful
mamaqualls15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It's been 10 years for me
JustinKSmith
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Look guys. Wisdom teeth grow in at different rates based upon your diet! You need lots of calcium from cruciferous vegetables, spinach, and whole milk. Keep your teeth brushed. No smoking anything or drinking soda, coffee, eating sweets during formation. Then they will come in just fine with perfect enamel! If your wisdom teeth come in perfectly your teeth will then take on a much different appearance that many would call unnatural. Eat lots of vegetables, not much beef during formation. If you have ever seen someone with perfect wisdom teeth, you will notice the canines and incisors take a different shape also. Take care of your teeth. It will be worth it to be like a lion. For the wise they are!
JustinKSmith
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I am dearly sorry for tongue, being inappropriate, yet without its placement you can not see what healthy wisdom teeth do to the incisors and canines. Wisdom teeth allows those sets of teeth to push down and up further. I enjoy to smoke and drink sugary drinks also. Until the 2-3 months of breakthrough are over your mouth PH should stay alkaline from vegetables though. Hence, no bad bacteria.

Name:  C7DA94FE-E3DE-46B5-9653-341611CC04A7.jpeg
Views: 167
Size:  92.2 KB
JustinKSmith
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Also, like the appendix, there are uses for the wisdom teeth. Other than making your incisors increase length and scaring people when you laugh. Ha! They allow you to crack open pecans, walnuts, and any other nut shell. Since there density is similar to steel. A diamond grinder isnt going to eat through a perfectly formed enameled wisdom tooth! King David and his son Solomon loved their wisdom teeth and would stroll through their gardens of nuts outside the palace every morning...gobbling away. Nuts increase hand eye coordination, quick thinking speed, and well being. Yeah....pecans can get you feeling right! Great before video game play and if you feel the need to be a wise ass! Like a B12 shot! Hope this helps you guys out.
rajbeer
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If you're me, at least six years. All 4 of mine started erupting about 6 years ago, pain starts after 6months. It is really very painful.

(Original post by Magnanimity)
I've just realised I remember mine poking through when I was 17 and I'm now 21 and they've still not fully come through. My right hand side ones are about to touch together and the left hand side are just sitting doing nothing.

Teeth take 9 years to fully grow in your jaw btw :p:

In America if your wisdoms don't erupt by 21 they take them out, whether they're causing problems or not! The risk of permanent numbness is less than 1%, although 10% experience temporary numbness.
omg 6 years almost complete. Seriously they are partially grow.
rajbeer
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Spiffy)
All 4 of mine started erupting about 4 or 5 years ago, the top 2 have almost entirely come through but the bottom two seem to have stopped at the stage where the gums have split open and I can partially see the crowns of them which is kind of annoying due to keeping the areas clean. I had quite a bit of paint which would last a couple of days every few months, occasional swelling around the TM Joint and the odd infection - i'd recommend a chlorhexidine based mouthwash like corsodyl to help prevent or clear up any infections caused by wisdom teeth, works a treat.
Am Also in same condition. but as compare to the top molars bottom molars are more painful. I am actually suffering from it. Six year almost completed but wisdom teeth are not grow properly till. Thank for sharing the mouthwash. Plz let me know any pain or swelling relief remedy.
Abenione27
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The pain is too much....am growing a wisdom teeth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (20)
7.35%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (19)
6.99%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (59)
21.69%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (33)
12.13%
No, nothing has changed (87)
31.99%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (54)
19.85%

Watched Threads