Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, the post is a bit long, but still read through it, and give me some suggestions, if you can

Im still trying to learn what courses should I be interested on, for my future...

I am currently doing the IB diploma, which includes Math Methods, Physics Higher level, Economics Higher level, Computer Studies Standard level, English A1 standard level, and some other not so important courses.

What course I originally had in mind to take in the university was Computer Science mixed with some bussiness management, but Im still reflecting on it (I still have a year to decide).

My passion is Computers, I like (well most of the times ) the Math Methods, and Physics. I am even willing to expand the mathematics course to Higher level.

However I do not have a clear opinion on what to take in the university, so I need your suggestions.
    I am not afraid to say that I come from a poor background (neither of my parents went to university), but still am going to a good school, and I have an academic 'potential', if I apply myself properly.

Many people say that having a good salary, but not an interesting job won't be that good for you, and I tend to agree on this. However, I really am interested on a high paying job (as most of you are, even partially, Im sure), and yet still would like it to be interesting.

From what I heard, Computer Science is not regarded highly in the industry, i.e. you have to work your arse off but still get a low salary (around 15k, from what I read on another thread by searching through the forum). So many suggested to do a partial degree (is the term correct?), by doing some Computer Science, and something else, such as Physics or Economics... What do you think?

I am looking at some job that may start with a low or medium salary, but which has the potential to grow.

I know that you may be thinking that I am thinking a bit too much of salaries, and that I may not go anywhere by thinking like this, but I still think it's helpful for me to start thinking seriously about what I should do.

Pardon me for such a long post, but I wanted to clear myself of some doubts, and thus there are so many questions... I don't know if I expressed myself clearly, but please try to help me

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I guess you need to read up about what's involved in the various courses that you think might appeal to you, then decide which one you really like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I guess you need to read up about what's involved in the various courses that you think might appeal to you, then decide which one you really like.
    Yeah that's what Im trying to do

Any more suggestions?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.