The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
james99
That man has one of the biggest guns I've ever seen :/

Surely it's exactly like every other game of its type :p:

ah but the emphasis is on him holding the dog (or COG) tags of his fallen comrades, taking a moment to take in the hopelessness of it all, and a feeling of impending doom as they then march into a battle they may not come back from, showing a rare glimpse of vulnerability behind the macho facade. thats what i got from it anyway.. maybe i thought about it too much.

i just thought it was better than a million other box arts where the main guy is just pointing his huge gun at the person who they hope will buy the game :p:
rich2606
ah but the emphasis is on him holding the dog (or COG) tags of his fallen comrades, taking a moment to take in the hopelessness of it all, and a feeling of impending doom as they then march into a battle they may not come back from, showing a rare glimpse of vulnerability behind the macho facade. thats what i got from it anyway.. maybe i thought about it too much.

i just thought it was better than a million other box arts where the main guy is just pointing his huge gun at the person who they hope will buy the game :p:

LOL that's a lot of insight into the Gears of War 2 box art :rofl:

I think the black and white resi 4 wii edition box art is brilliant

Resistance 2 is quite cool as well

Reply 23

No wonder my childhood was filled with fear... In my opinion, the box art makes up for the games not being graphically spectacular by modern standards. They still creep me out to this day! :s-smilie:
Reply 24
For total testosterone overload:

Spoiler

More testosterone, but with added Bruce Campbell (therefore throwing testosterone levels off the scale):

Spoiler

Are you tough enough?

Spoiler

The man, Shaq. This was, coincidentally, one of my favourite games as a kid, but periodically comes up on 'worst games ever' lists. I loved it!

Spoiler

Reply 25

Unless of course you have the north american version

Reply 26
All the box art posted sucks :frown: [edit]except the PAL Ico boxart

rich2606
the Resident Evil 2 boxart above ^ (didn't wanna quote it again, its massive :p: )

also i really like
http://ui26.gamespot.com/1849/gears2box_2.jpg
unlike most other games of its type its going for the more solemn, thoughtful look on the folies of war, rather than RAR I HAVE BIG GUN, I MAN *BEATS CHEST*

wtf are you talking about? That's exactly what the Gears of War 2 cover is.

Oh, and that pose is overdone.

Reply 27
I want to cry myself to sleep that it took so long for someone to mention ICO :frown:
Game box art tends to be utterly boring most of the time (as evidenced by most posts on this thread). I do quite like this though:
The fact of the matter is that 95% of gamers have never heard of Ico, and 99% have never played it so it tends only to stick in the minds of people who have actually played it.
0 div curl F
The fact of the matter is that 95% of gamers have never heard of Ico, and 99% have never played it so it tends only to stick in the minds of people who have actually played it.

Played and completed :cool:

Ico was the single best game of the last generation. The only game that even came close was SotC. I now wish I had a PS3 :frown:
JohnnySPal
Played and completed :cool:

Ico was the single best game of the last generation. The only game that even came close was SotC. I now wish I had a PS3 :frown:

Ico and Sotc are both great games no doubt but for me RE4 was the best game of the previous generation.

Its a shame many will never play Ico (or sotc for that matter) due to their limited numbers. Ico will be a rare, sought after game in years to come.
Reply 31
0 div curl F
Ico and Sotc are both great games no doubt but for me RE4 was the best game of the previous generation.

Its a shame many will never play Ico (or sotc for that matter) due to their limited numbers. Ico will be a rare, sought after game in years to come.

It sucks that I was too much of a PC gamer to pickup SotC and Ico. I would buy them now but I cba spending £40 on two PS3 games right now.

But I will in the summer.
Reply 32
I've never even heard of Ico - what kind of game was it?
JammyP

This.

http://blogs.eurielec.etsit.upm.es/galdecoa/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/lechucks_revenge.png

A lot of Final Fantasy stuff actually.

There are a fair few around. I can't really think off the top of my head.
Reply 34

Reply 36

Currently, I really like the Burnout Paradise Boxart.
Reply 37
Reply 38

nice and simple, but gives a good idea of what its about
psychonauts.

Latest