The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Should I bring my e-drumkit to Warwick?

Hello there (woot, first post!)

I'm a French student who's going to study in Warwick next year. I will obviously live in the campus.

I've been drumming for nearly 12-13 years, so, needless to say, I got pretty "good" after all that time (well; I guess so...). And it would really suck to not be able to play drums for one whole year...
So, is it possible to bring an electronic drumkit to my room in Warwick? If so, which part of the campus would you recommend me? Mind you, it's a bit noisy (not so much though) and I need a decent-sized room...

Thanks for helping :smile:
Reply 1
Lmkt
Hello there (woot, first post!)

I'm a French student who's going to study in Warwick next year. I will obviously live in the campus.

I've been drumming for nearly 12-13 years, so, needless to say, I got pretty "good" after all that time (well; I guess so...). And it would really suck to not be able to play drums for one whole year...
So, is it possible to bring an electronic drumkit to my room in Warwick? If so, which part of the campus would you recommend me? Mind you, it's a bit noisy (not so much though) and I need a decent-sized room...

Thanks for helping :smile:

I think you can bring it with you, it shouldn't be a problem. Just don't play it early morning or late at night!

By the way, Warwick has a drumming society (http://www.drumsoc.co.uk/) so they probably own many drum/percussion sets and the likes.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Woah, that's cool. Don't worry about playing late/early, I'm not that much of an ass :smile:
Reply 3
I know someone with one and he lives in Heronbank. :p: Although, I think you're safe anywhere as long as you don't do it nonstop/late evening/early morning as Krush said.
Reply 4
I would bring your own as the only drumkit available is one owned by the band society that you have to book in advance for and one in the music centre which is also in a room used for other instruments (and practice rooms in the music centre are almost always full anyway). I'm not quite sure about the drumming society, but when I saw them at One World Week, no one was on a full drum set?
Lmkt
Woah, that's cool. Don't worry about playing late/early, I'm not that much of an ass :smile:

You did mention you are french though...
Reply 6
That was uncalled for =(

Latest