Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really want to study in sheffield in spetember and have put it as my firm choice and have chosen endcliffe for my accomodation. I'm just wondering whether if you do not make the grades for the course and go through clearing and still go to sheffield but on a different course, if i will still have a good shot at getting in at endcliffe or would i have to reapply for new accomodation? Thanks :woo:

ReputationRep:
    They can do things with the admissions system that mean you don't have to apply again - you might be able to get a change of course offer instead. You'd still use the clearing database to find the course, but then phone them up about it instead of going through the being released into clearing procedures. That way you'd get to keep the original accommodation application.

I sent a couple of people's applications to be sorted that way last year

but be positive, you've not even taken the deciding exams yet :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    thanks alot! fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I had a few friends who got into sheff via clearing and still got their first catered halls choice (although this was back before endcliffe).

ReputationRep:
    aww the dinosaur is cute!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know insurance students at Endcliffe, and I think if they already have your application it will be easier for you etc.
    Remember Sheffield has more accomodation than it has first year students, so there will definately be somewhere for you even if its not your first choice. Endcliffe has a great number of beds, and so will Ranmoor and they are essentially very similar.

ReputationRep:
    thanks you guys thats really helpful! put my mind at ease a bit lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottespafe)
    thanks you guys thats really helpful! put my mind at ease a bit lol
    No problems! If you ever have any other accomodation questions just feel free to PM me. I know how confusing applying for accomodation etc is and I'm happy to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subterfuge)
    aww the dinosaur is cute!

Thanks. I thought it would help balance out my sarcastic abusive posts

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 15, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.