This discussion is closed.
SolitaryB
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I'm going to take a course at the University of Exeter this spring and I need accomodation. Problem is that I'm not officially registered at the university (I'm let in as a favour by the professor), and so I can't use the universitys dorms.

Anyone got any good Idea on how to find accomodation in exeter for 4-5 months? (from february)

SM

Ps: Im an international student from norway..
Ollie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by SolitaryB)
I'm going to take a course at the University of Exeter this spring and I need accomodation. Problem is that I'm not officially registered at the university (I'm let in as a favour by the professor), and so I can't use the universitys dorms.

Anyone got any good Idea on how to find accomodation in exeter for 4-5 months? (from february)

SM

Ps: Im an international student from norway..
hey, im at the uni now, so are you saying you cant have anything to do with uni accomodation???

what about asking ure proffesor>> what are you studying?
SolitaryB
(Original post by Ollie)
hey, im at the uni now, so are you saying you cant have anything to do with uni accomodation???

what about asking ure proffesor>> what are you studying?

---
no not really, I should contact them.. but I'm not officially registered at the university so I suppose there are limits to how much they can help me.

Don't wanna bug the professor too much, he's been kind enough to let me follow the course without registering - don't want to exhaust his kindness.

I'm going to take a course in sociology/philosophy called "mind and world" at SHiPSS.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i think you should contact your proffesor, he may have an idea.

if you cant go via the university, then i guess youll have to look for a tempory flat in a house in the city
SolitaryB
I'll come a cpl of weeks early to see if I can find something.

I see that the prices is about 55£ a week for a room in a dorm. Is that reasonable, or should I expect to pay more on the private market?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
£55 without food, i pay closer to 100 with food

i think 55 is a usual figure, but add to that food and bills etc
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i pay £100 a week here with food.

there are loads of empty beds in halls- especially in st lukes, i would be suppriesed if you could not come to some arrangment with the university.

also, a lot of people who live in private accomodation have spare rooms, these are advertised on the uni online notice board.

if you go to the uni web site- its there somewhere.

love Katy ***
SolitaryB
cool. Ill check with uni first, and then I'll see what I can find.

100£ with food - is that all meals or? (not used to that system)

how do you guys like exeter?

(Original post by ickle_katy)
i pay £100 a week here with food.

there are loads of empty beds in halls- especially in st lukes, i would be suppriesed if you could not come to some arrangment with the university.

also, a lot of people who live in private accomodation have spare rooms, these are advertised on the uni online notice board.

if you go to the uni web site- its there somewhere.

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by SolitaryB)
cool. Ill check with uni first, and then I'll see what I can find.

100£ with food - is that all meals or? (not used to that system)

how do you guys like exeter?

thats all meals.

i love exeter, its big enough to keep finding new places but small enought to feel like you know everyone- well, i nearly do.

its really friendly and nice.

its quite expensive but if you budget for that you'r fine.

love Katy ***
SolitaryB
(Original post by ickle_katy)
thats all meals.

i love exeter, its big enough to keep finding new places but small enought to feel like you know everyone- well, i nearly do.

its really friendly and nice.

its quite expensive but if you budget for that you'r fine.

love Katy ***

----
sounds great I like a place I can spend some time on discovering without feeling lost..

..had hoped it was cheap though.. but hey.. norway is way expensive.. can only get better..

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (502)
51.12%
No (480)
48.88%

Watched Threads