Turn on thread page Beta

seriously. watch

Announcements

anon

i seem to develop a crush on EVERY single girl i meet. i think i've become really desperate after breaking up with my ex... i just began to like everyone single girl i met after my ex, its a total nightmare. these girls are normally friendly.. i rush into asking them out on dates, getting close to them.. then i usually just tell them i 'like' them hoping that they'd feel the same and my problems will be solved.

i dont know what to do anymore... its like i cant be friends with girls because all i want is a girlfriend. its ruined most of the friendships i've tried to develop between certain girls were it just becomes really akward to talk to them.

i dont really have anyone close i can talk to about this but i dont like bottling things up.. so this is more of a rant than a cry for help

advice as to what i could do about my problem would be grateful though.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhh. I can kind of relate to you as I have acted in this way a tiny bit in the past. Basically I had an on-off boyfriend for 2 and a half years and we became properly, well and truly detached around NYE 08. Anyway, since then I've met a few boys and have got close to them, chatted etc and I always ALWAYS ALWAYS think I really like them and tell them this. It seems to scare them off as I usually say it straight away. One boy though, was like: "I was hoping you'd say that because I really like you as well" > that one ended up well as I'm really close to him now but I completely cocked up my chances with the other ones.

You need to learn to think about what you're going to say before you let it out, otherwise you may come across as a stalker or weirdo (God forbid either!) which isn't good, as I'm sure you'll agree.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people, myself included, do this. Do not worry at all

ReputationRep:
    phew its not just me!!

sometimes i hate being a single girl...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.