This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
my mate Jennie is up at South Bank doing paediatric nursing and she is having a proper hard time trying to get a flu jab because she works 12 hour shifts at the hospital and hasn't had time to register with the doctor this is real dangerous cuz she's diabetic (which is one of the worst groups to get flu) anyway.....is it always this hard registering even if it's student registering with a doctor?
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
my mate Jennie is up at South Bank doing paediatric nursing and she is having a proper hard time trying to get a flu jab because she works 12 hour shifts at the hospital and hasn't had time to register with the doctor this is real dangerous cuz she's diabetic (which is one of the worst groups to get flu) anyway.....is it always this hard registering even if it's student registering with a doctor?
um... i feel i should know this (i work at a doctors)... it literally only takes a couple of minutes to register with a doctor. just get her to go into her nearest surgery, if they haven't got space they will give her a phone number and she will get allocated. it really isn't a huge hassle. She could try her nearsety surgery and ask to go on as a temporary resident, but normally students are required to register.

hope this helps.

lou xxx
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)

surly if shes a student nurse she has to registair to get all the injections they must have before they can meet patients.

it is literally as easy as going to a surgery & asking to join. if theree are problems - the surgery can give you an idea of who to get in contact with.

love Katy ***
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I registered with the University Heath Service - I thought all uni's had one? I just had to go down in the first 4 weeks to register - it took 20 mins, all I did was fill out some forms and have a quick health check. I need to have the flu jab as well as I'm an asthmatic, but I haven;t been to have it yet as I wanted to give blood.
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
its the law that you have to register with a doctor at your term time address. Don't know about other surgerys near unis, but in Cambridge most of the doctors had set student registration times to speed the process up. if you've missed it then you just need to go and register with your nhs card.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (262)
51.98%
No (242)
48.02%

Watched Threads