Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks,

The question is almost in the title...
    What do you think is the average starting salary of a graduate from an MSc in Management from Imperial and Cass?
    It is a big investment I would like to have an idea about its benefit to see if it is worth it or no..

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't it depend on how much a company is willing to pay you? Whats the salary listed on job sites?

ReputationRep:
    usually surveys are made to calculate the average of graduates of the last years... i ve seen that cass is at 57k$ (dont know why FT gives it in $) I am curious about Imperial...

ReputationRep:
    it's worth it if you put the effort in. neither cass nor imperial can guarantee that you'd earn a certain level of salary.

the average number is around the $50s. but you can certainly be earning way more.

ReputationRep:
    $50k? So Cass is better than Imperial in terms of starting salary?
    Of course I know this is just an average but I want to have a rough idea... you know it is a big investment and I would get a loan before doing this, so I want to know if it is possible to pay back my debt in the first year or no...

ReputationRep:
    sure you've seen this link already, but just wanted to post in case.

http://rankings.ft.com/exportranking...management/pdf

note: imperial's program is not ranked on the FT list.

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys rank Cass overall? Im planning on doing undergrad BSc Economics at a top 25 Uni in the UK, afterwards would like to either do MSc Econ or MSc Finance or Msc Econ and Finance at either Imperial/LSE/Warwick/UCL/Reading (ICMA)/Cass (Note: MSc Banking with Intl Finance)

How would you guys rate these Universities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzab)
    How do you guys rank Cass overall? Im planning on doing undergrad BSc Economics at a top 25 Uni in the UK, afterwards would like to either do MSc Econ or MSc Finance or Msc Econ and Finance at either Imperial/LSE/Warwick/UCL/Reading (ICMA)/Cass (Note: MSc Banking with Intl Finance)

How would you guys rate these Universities?
    you're better off research in the undergrad forum. you won't need to consider grad school until many, many years from now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhleung)
    you're better off research in the undergrad forum. you won't need to consider grad school until many, many years from now.
    Hmmmm.... It was my understanding that graduates go to grad school at around 22 - 23? So is it normal if I attend at about 24 - 25 as I would use those 2 - 3 years to save up from a job to pay for a Masters or even an MBA if that was more reccomended

ReputationRep:
    Guys,
    How difficult you think is it to get to the MSc In Management of Imperial?
    I have 63% in my French MSc in Electronics (maybe 2.1) and I have a good international experience (Internships in China and Germany, Erasmus in Sweden and 1 year Engineering in Scotland)

How are my chances to get into this MSc? I have applied last week only and I can not wait to know its outcome :-P

ReputationRep:
    Tanaka and Cass are very evenly ranked and considered amongst the top business schools in the UK and Europe. Your ability to command a high starting salary will depend on whether you convince employers of your skills. So the difference between the two is negligible. I highly doubt employers have a fixed rate salary dependent on whether you studied at Imperial or Cass, but you never know.

To the best of my knowledge, non of us are admissions tutors so its impossible to give an accurate estimate of your chances of getting into Imperial. Its an extremely competitive programme but I'm sure the internships will count in your favour.

ReputationRep:
    Thx for your answer system49 :-)
    I have got a first positive feedback from Imperial so maybe it is going well for the moment.
    To be honest I am interested in Imperial not because it is more expensive but because it is more known abroad especially if one day I want to go back to my home country or go to a place like Dubai or something. But When I see the FT ranking Cass is 14th in Europe and Imperial is 30th... What do you think about those rankings? It really makes me hesitating....

ReputationRep:
    I understand people can get worried about these rankings, but if Imperial has the better reputation in Dubai then it is probably a good idea to go there if you have the choice and the money. Although rankings such as the FT can be very helpful, they usually change every year or so. Imperial has a very strong department so I wouldnt look too much into the FT rankings. Also Imperial in general has an absolute stellar reputation and is something like 6th in the Times Higher Education World Rankings, if the choice was up to me, I would probably also go with with Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    bear in mind imperials ranking is only lower cos it is still a very new business school compared to the others....and i think the imperial name is more highly regarded, especially internationally....so you never know nin few years it has v good chance of being higher ranked compared to cass....

they can also get away with the high fees they charge so theres obvs demand for the course..from what i know, many ppl have always considered cass as an insurance choice uni if they didnt get the offers from LSE, imperial, ox or cam... just my opinion which is subjective..but I have never seen anyone choose cass over imperial....

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys for your inputs. Really thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion rankings can be very misleading, i based my Bachelor decision on rankings, and regreted it, course was ranked 1st in the UK architecture, over cambridge, it sucked! and the ranking changed the next year.. but it was too late.. rakings will always change, and will be based on stupid statistics..

course content is really important, to see if it interests u, and talking to previous and current students is really helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrManager)
    In my opinion rankings can be very misleading, i based my Bachelor decision on rankings, and regreted it, course was ranked 1st in the UK architecture, over cambridge, it sucked! and the ranking changed the next year.. but it was too late.. rakings will always change, and will be based on stupid statistics..

course content is really important, to see if it interests u, and talking to previous and current students is really helpful.
    Hey another architect! May I ask why youre pusuing the MIM? I did my BA in arch at newcastle and after 2 years of working as an arch ive realised that its not for me at all. I applied for MIM at IC as well, but got an even better offer from LSE which I will puruse after summer.

Anyways..best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Aemilius,

i realized that it wasn't for me either in my first year,, but i continued till the end of the year,, learned allot that comes really helpful from time to time tho.. Im doing my last months of engineering now, which i chose coz its a neutral course.. im very business minded, and looked at many courses, when i saw the contents of this one, it had everything i really wanted to know about.. so goodluck at LSE, i think ur architecture presentation and design skills and creativity will come in very handy especially in business!!

ReputationRep:
    I think Tanaka is only highly ranked for management rather than financial PGs.

We need separate ratings for Msc Finance courses.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.