The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Gay scene in Southampton.

Hey,

Southampton is my firm choice. I'm just wondering. Is there much a of a gay scene in terms of bars/clubs? What's the Soton LGBT society like?
Reply 1
Hi,

my firend is gay and he certainly doesn't struggle meeting other gays! lol! There is really only two clubs/bars that are for the gay scene, but the Edge is brilliant!! On a Wednesday it is free entry and £1.50 for drinks!! I have been with my friend a few times and find it to have a really good vibe about it, decent club! the other is a bit further into the City, but i wouldn't worry as buses run regularly.

Don't know about the Soc, but you could join the Facebook group when you join and start meeting people there and maybe find out more about the club. Also if you don't like what they do you could run for a position on the committee and make changes!! hehe x
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I agree, definatly hit up The Edge!! It's even open until 5am on saturday. I'm not gay myslelf however a few of my friends are - it's definatly one of my favourite clubs in Soton. XD
Reply 3
The LGBT Soc is run by a fellow who seems really really lovely and pro-active! I don't know him personally but I saw him on the committee and he seems really dedicated... Dunno if this helps at all lol
How did you see him on the committee, clo?
Reply 5
He was in the council and he did a speech about LGBT and all the things he plans to do with it this year!
Reply 6
I thought at Soton it was just the LGB society as they fell out with the Ts? lol
Yeah, it is just LGB...not sure why though :confused:
Reply 8
Not according to this year's council!
Reply 9
hey clo,
where is the edge?
Hi yes there's a few bars in Southampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending