Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how did you catch your partner ? did you forgive them and give a second chance ?

and also would you ever consider being friends with them or you would hate them and take them out of your life?

ReputationRep:
    I ******* hope not.

If it was someone i was just in a fling with i would completely disregard them and ignore them completely. If it was someone i genuinely loved then id be hesitant but.. i dont know actually?

ReputationRep:
    as much as she denies it, most likely. my recent ex moved on pretty quickly <rolls eyes>.
    and i don't talk to her a whole lot, it's awkward :P icy you might say.
    but hey, moving on is the key. I enjoy my single life now ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

She told me she was out with her sister. Never went home, called her sister (who I knew quite well) the next day to see if she got home okay - "Oh no I wasn't out last night?"

Popped over to her place, only to arrive seconds before the other bloke dropped her home. Red-handed.

Didn't dream of forgiving, got in my car and left, never spoke to her again. 14 month relationship.

Cheating is a big line in the sand I won't accept.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and it hurt alot for awhile. But then I got over it accept we were never able to become friends because i could not trust him again

ReputationRep:
    She told me twice but i found out the third time.
    First time i forgave them cause it was even stevens...
    second time i broke up with her
    third time was actually the second time but i didnt know about it til after we broke up...

I found out cause she was being really weird with me so i asked her what was up and she went even weirder then she started crying and it was pretty damn obvious...

I stayed with her after the first one , but second she was gone. I hated it at the start but after time i didnt care anymore she was a bad person so meh. I dont think you can ever be friends with a real ex you actually cared about

ReputationRep:
    yes and I forgave her, although I was occasionally resentful and couldn't trust her fully again afterwards. I admit I forgave her partially to do with her home life and the consequences that would come with dumping her so I felt the need to give her another chance and the consequences would of far outweighed a single mistake. We have broken up now though, I'm at uni and neither of us do long distance but we are still friends. Looking back now I don't regret forgiving her a I learnt a lot from it but I know if I was cheated on again I wouldn't forgive the person. I could never trust the person fully after she cheated and I doubt I ever could fully trust someone who's cheated on me so. I would forgive them but still end the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully not. And no, I couldn't forgive them I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    Not to my knowledge.
    I could maybe forgive them if they had though, monogamy seems fairly unattainable.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm no, I doubt it.

I've done the cheating though....

I could forgive. Depends.

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't. Doubt I could ever forgive him if he had cheated on me though. Its the one thing that I hate.

ReputationRep:
    not as far as I know but they definately wouldn't be around afterwards if they did. unless I had erection problems

ReputationRep:
    O i forgot to say, I found out because she told me. Couldn't handle the guilt any more.

To the person that said she had cheated, why? I understand that I seem to be in the minority but if your in a relationship surely you should respect it or end it.

ReputationRep:
    yes, and I forgave them.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't thankfully. But then who would?

I don't know what I would do. There needs to be a fundamental respect for the other's dignity and feelings, and clearly that's absent on one side. I like I'd to think I'd do right by myself and walk away with my honour intact. In reality, would I be able to do that? I can't say.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, never found out until long after the fact tho. Didn't stop it hurting like hell. But, yknow, you move on.
    And I cheated on someone as well, once. So I can understand how it would happen. And I got caught in the act :\
    Being the cheat felt much worse than being cheated on.

ReputationRep:
    Been cheated on (my friend told me, and then I caught her in the act), reduced the ***** to tears and walked away without so much as a second glance. I can never forgive cheating, if you don't wanna be with me anymore say it to my face! It's lightyears past the line and I will never tolerate it!

ReputationRep:
    Nope haven't been cheated on.
    But if I ever was cheated on, people would get beaten up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Been cheated on (my friend told me, and then I caught her in the act), reduced the ***** to tears and walked away without so much as a second glance. I can never forgive cheating, if you don't wanna be with me anymore say it to my face! It's lightyears past the line and I will never tolerate it!
    caught her in the act...ouch! what did the bloke do/you do to the bloke. im assuming it was with a bloke anyway

ReputationRep:
    I've been cheated on a few times. I have to say, it's the lying that hurts more than the actual sex. If I was told and apologised to immediately after, it would suck but I would probably get over it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.