The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

I got an offer for Holborn shared but I can't decide whether I should switch to Holborn single? Anyone have suggestions?

PS: To the person who got a Northumberland single - SO JEALOUS.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
roundtriangle
do you guys think it's safe to leave a desktop computer in the halls? is there a high chance it might get stolen?

Depends which hall you are in. Sidney Webb it is like almost impossible to steal stuff from your room because the amount of door lock you have to go through so I leave my laptop on my room desk. However not all halls are the same security wise.
akiangel
how much is the deposit?

yeah its £200 as said above
Does anyone know about the security at Northumberland?
Hi there everyone, I have just received an offer from Rosebery Avenue Hall, shared twin room which is my first preference on the list - very surprised to receive the e-mail confirmation from them so quickly. I submitted my application like a week and a half ago.

Anyone will be in the same hall as well?
Reply 325
Clomipramine
YAY!!! I GOT A PLACE AT NORTHUMBERLAND HOUSE!!! SINGLE ROOM!!!

I'm quite satisfied with this offer. It's cheaper than Grosvenor and close to LSE too!

Hope there are not too many mice and that the people living with me keep the kitchen clean.

I'm an international student on a conditional offer. :smile:

OMG!! Congratulations!!! I've heard the bathroom in single rooms are quite small but wow that's awesome! When did you apply?
kitsune
Well I found them in LSE website... :confused:

Yo go to accomodation... and then click at the various halls and on your right there an link called "gallery"

http://www.lse.ac.uk/accommodation/RES_intro.htm

So cool!!! :biggrin: Congrats! I applied 3 weeks ago and still no accommodation offer :frown:

OMG.... i didn't see that. I can't believe I actually miss that out. Hehe:eek3:

Originally Posted by Clomipramine
YAY!!! I GOT A PLACE AT NORTHUMBERLAND HOUSE!!! SINGLE ROOM!!!

I'm quite satisfied with this offer. It's cheaper than Grosvenor and close to LSE too!

Hope there are not too many mice and that the people living with me keep the kitchen clean.

I'm an international student on a conditional offer.

Cool, i wanted that too. Northumberland is hard to get for single room.
Awww, I want an offer. I'm leaving the country next week. I was wondering how long do they give you to pay a deposit, theres no chance you can lose your offer, is there? Just I'm sooo skint right now and can't afford it. If I get the offer of course...
Cat_Forbes
Awww, I want an offer. I'm leaving the country next week. I was wondering how long do they give you to pay a deposit, theres no chance you can lose your offer, is there? Just I'm sooo skint right now and can't afford it. If I get the offer of course...

They give you 14 days to accept the offer...
So - Rosebury = big party hall, CS = close community hall?
do you only get an accommodation offer if you are unconditional?

I'm undergraduate conditional offer, haven't heard back from them yet, sent mine off 2 weeks ago! not even a confirmation that they got my application yet!
mathconomist
do you only get an accommodation offer if you are unconditional?

Nope

mathconomist
I'm undergraduate conditional offer, haven't heard back from them yet, sent mine off 2 weeks ago! not even a confirmation that they got my application yet!

Relax.
El Mariachi
You can e-mail them to check whether they've received it properly or not. You're meant to get a confirmation after 7 days.

thanks, I think I'll give them a call after I have heard back from all my universities and when my offer with them is firmed...maybe that would help
Reply 333
louispanda
Hi there everyone, I have just received an offer from Rosebery Avenue Hall, shared twin room which is my first preference on the list - very surprised to receive the e-mail confirmation from them so quickly. I submitted my application like a week and a half ago.

Anyone will be in the same hall as well?

I will!
I'm really looking forward to this.
Do you have any other informations? In additions to those on the website of course (which I already read twice...)
YYEC
I will!
I'm really looking forward to this.
Do you have any other informations? In additions to those on the website of course (which I already read twice...)

I think you can have a look at the facebook group as well. :yep:
What other informations would you like to have?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115135650243
Does anybody know what the bathrooms at High Holborn are like? Clean?
And are they tiny - like just holes in the wall or what? Thanks! :smile:
Hi :-)
Just got an offer for single ensuite at Sidney Webb. Already paid the deposit. I'm soooo excited, London here I come!
Reply 337
Hi everyone

I just started doing my application - im an EU student, unconditional offer.

Wanna help me pick a hall? :smile:

Here's what I'd like:

1. I'm a good cook so self-catered is ok
2. I REALLY REALLY want a single room, i just hate someone sleeping next to me ;p
3. En-suite would be nice, although its not a MUST.
4. I'm not to fussed about how out-going the hall is, actually i prefer quiter places.
5. I'm prepared to pay about 110-130 per week.

So far I think my choice should be between Sidney Webb, Northumberland and Bankside - what do you guys think?

Thnx in advance!
Hi everyone!

I made LSE my insurance choice but the registration website says one must "intend to be a fulltime registered student at LSE". Theres a reasonable chance I will end up at LSE but what should I do as to registering for accomdation?
Gomasso
Hi everyone

I just started doing my application - im an EU student, unconditional offer.

Wanna help me pick a hall? :smile:

Here's what I'd like:

1. I'm a good cook so self-catered is ok
2. I REALLY REALLY want a single room, i just hate someone sleeping next to me ;p
3. En-suite would be nice, although its not a MUST.
4. I'm not to fussed about how out-going the hall is, actually i prefer quiter places.
5. I'm prepared to pay about 110-130 per week.

So far I think my choice should be between Sidney Webb, Northumberland and Bankside - what do you guys think?

Thnx in advance!

I'll be staying at Sid Webb and I pretty much had the same preferences. Only downside is the 40min walk to LSE but that shouldn't be such a big deal. The bus takes 20min and costs about 36 per month. Sid Webb is said to be rather quiet ( "boring" ) but as a postgrad I do not expect to go out that often anyway...

Latest

Trending

Trending