The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Those of you who have an offer from LSE, kindly join this group so that we can get to know each other.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1817764841876909
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hi All,
I am coming over to do a Law Summer Subject (June/July) just looking at the LSE Student Accom.
What is Rosebery Hall like? Anyone stay there?
Reply 3843
Original post by Hussain haider
Those of you who have an offer from LSE, kindly join this group so that we can get to know each other.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1817764841876909

Is this for undergrads or postgrads?
Hey everyone, I'm really confused seeing all these posts about people getting accommodation offer already. The LSE official accommodation policy for 2017/18 reads:

We process applications and communicate decisions to applicants using a lottery system to allocate spaces. Offers of accommodation will not be made to applicants who have not yet accepted their offers to study at the School. Once applicants accept their offers of study, they will be entered into the lottery for the allocation of accommodation. Within group 4 only, (new graduate students), applicants with unconditional offers to study will be prioritised in the accommodation lottery ahead of applicants with conditional offers to study. This prioritisation will take place after August 1st only. All new undergraduate and General Course students are guaranteed an offer of accommodation. There are only three residences that operate on a first-come first-served basis. These are Lilian Knowles House, King’s Cross and Westminster Bridge.

Everyone here says it's a first-come, first-served type thing. How have you guys already got rooms? Can anyone explain to this unknowledgable international student, please?
Just wondering if you edit your preferences, does the 28 day period restart again? I applied on 18 May and just edited my preferences. Would suck a lot for me if that was the case.
Original post by jimmyt92
Just wondering if you edit your preferences, does the 28 day period restart again? I applied on 18 May and just edited my preferences. Would suck a lot for me if that was the case.

For me editing the application did reset the 28 days period. Not sure if it was coincidence or real reset.
Original post by lamygram
For me editing the application did reset the 28 days period. Not sure if it was coincidence or real reset.

So you had to wait 2 months?
So you had to wait 2 months?

No no! I heard back in 3 weeks but the date of submission of application was the one when I edited my application. I did the changes in my application only after a couple of days of originally submission. So if it wasn't a reset then the application submission date should have been the earlier date when I submitted rather than the date I made changes.
Which halls have you applied to, btw?
Original post by lamygram
No no! I heard back in 3 weeks but the date of submission of application was the one when I edited my application. I did the changes in my application only after a couple of days of originally submission. So if it wasn't a reset then the application submission date should have been the earlier date when I submitted rather than the date I made changes.
Which halls have you applied to, btw?

I see, I edited my application yesterday 3 weeks after my original submission. I just don't want to be waiting around for another month since I need to move forward on my Tier 4 Visa Application for which I think I need my accommodation situation sorted. I applied to:

1. Lillian Person
2 and 3: Sidney Webb
4. and 5 International and Connaught Hall
6. Nutford House

I need a 40 week contract since the term ends in June and I don't want to be waiting around for another 10 weeks (if it is a 50 week contract). The 38 week contract was too short.
Reply 3850
I see, I edited my application yesterday 3 weeks after my original submission. I just don't want to be waiting around for another month since I need to move forward on my Tier 4 Visa Application for which I think I need my accommodation situation sorted. I applied to:

1. Lillian Person
6. Nutford House

I need a 40 week contract since the term ends in June and I don't want to be waiting around for another 10 weeks (if it is a 50 week contract). The 38 week contract was too short.

I didn't know accomodation was necessary for a Tier 4 Visa. Could you please tell me how that works?
Original post by swkr
I didn't know accomodation was necessary for a Tier 4 Visa. Could you please tell me how that works?

Well it's not necessary but it definitely helps your visa application if you have it sorted. IN any case you can't apply for a Tier 4 Visa until at least 3 months before your course starts so if you start in September you can't apply till next month anyway. So your accommodation would probs be sorted by then. You also need the CAS (Confirmation of Accepted Studies) that LSE sends you offer you accept your unconditional offer. I haven't received my CAS yet though I'm led to believe they will be sent out this month.
Just got offered Butler's Wharf.
Just got offered Butler's Wharf.

What are your thoughts on Butlers Wharf? Seems a little bit far away from uni?
I got Northumberland House ^^
Original post by EconCrusader
What are your thoughts on Butlers Wharf? Seems a little bit far away from uni?
I got Northumberland House ^^

Yeah it's a trek to uni. But the rooms are quite nice and I wanted a graduate only hall. It's reasonably priced and it seems quiet which makes it a good place to knuckle down and study. Is Northumberland a grad hall?
(edited 6 years ago)
Yeah it's a trek to uni. But the rooms are quite nice and I wanted a graduate only hall. It's reasonably priced and it seems quiet which makes it a good place to knuckle down and study. Is Northumberland a grad hall?

Ok sounds good.
No, Northumberland is for undergrads as well. But my priorities were short distance to uni and privacy of a single room with ensuit shower.
Reply 3856
Well it's not necessary but it definitely helps your visa application if you have it sorted. IN any case you can't apply for a Tier 4 Visa until at least 3 months before your course starts so if you start in September you can't apply till next month anyway. So your accommodation would probs be sorted by then. You also need the CAS (Confirmation of Accepted Studies) that LSE sends you offer you accept your unconditional offer. I haven't received my CAS yet though I'm led to believe they will be sent out this month.

So, I haven't received my CAS either but in all fairness, LSE did say that it would be issued only around the end of May. :smile:

I already have my accomodation sorted (staying at Urbanest WBSA). But, I still don't understand how this affects the visa. :frown:

Does the CAS contain details of the accommodation? Or do we submit details to UKVI?

Btw, which course would you be studying? I will be doing the MSc in A&F.
Original post by swkr
So, I haven't received my CAS either but in all fairness, LSE did say that it would be issued only around the end of May. :smile:

I already have my accomodation sorted (staying at Urbanest WBSA). But, I still don't understand how this affects the visa. :frown:

Does the CAS contain details of the accommodation? Or do we submit details to UKVI?

Btw, which course would you be studying? I will be doing the MSc in A&F.

It doesn't affect the visa application, I think I'm just talking about myself. I'd like to get accommodation wrapped up before I apply, not trying to say it affects the tier 4 application. I'm studying MSc Finance and Economics.
Reply 3858
It doesn't affect the visa application, I think I'm just talking about myself. I'd like to get accommodation wrapped up before I apply, not trying to say it affects the tier 4 application..

Ah. Gotcha. :smile:

. I'm studying MSc Finance and Economics.

Fabulous! We might share a class or two. :smile:

1. Lillian Person
6. Nutford House

Hey bud i have a provisional offer for lillian penson, i had opted for single ensuite and i yet have to discuss the details with the hall. But the thing is im looking for a swap so if youre interested please do message me :biggrin:!

Latest

Trending

Trending