The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Basically if you don't eat enough of each food group, you're going to feel poorly. If you want to go on a diet, sometimes replace things with a high fat content with a healthier alternative.
If that's not working or you want more advice - go to your doctor. It's easy to become obsessional so if this starts happening, try and take a step back from it and maybe consult your GP who can advise you.
Hope you're ok!
Reply 21
musicboy
why do you have a pic of Anne Frank as your avatar?

MB

Because I admire her writing. Why do you ask?
Lidia
Because I admire her writing. Why do you ask?

just interesting. I'm just not sure it works as an avatar given the triviality of most of the discussion on these board - maybe just my stupid opinion though.

MB
Reply 23
musicboy
just interesting. I'm just not sure it works as an avatar given the triviality of most of the discussion on these board - maybe just my stupid opinion though.

MB

Well, it works as an AV in my opinion. It says more about me than any silly .gif animation does. :smile:
Reply 24
svidrigailov
Although if anything most people don't eat enough carbohydrates (especially starchy and fibrous foods). What tends to make carbohydrates 'fattening' is the addition of oils and the like for preparation and serving. The Food Standards Agency recommends that a third of our daily food intake should be made up of carbohydrates.

I think its more than that, around 50% surely?
Reply 25
imasillynarb
I think its more than that, around 50% surely?

The FSA says one third. I daresay they know more about this sort of thing than I do.
Reply 26
A Pizza Hut, a Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut
McDonalds, McDonalds
Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut.

Apart from the salads they do, the rest is mainly fatty fast food.
Reply 27
theaman
A Pizza Hut, a Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut
McDonalds, McDonalds
Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut.

Apart from the salads they do, the rest is mainly fatty fast food.

I remember seeing an article on those salads and other "healthy" options when they first came out. I can't remember where it was from, but one of them was over 800 calories!
Reply 28
fatty foods, im a genuis :smile:
Reply 29
calumc
I remember seeing an article on those salads and other "healthy" options when they first came out. I can't remember where it was from, but one of them was over 800 calories!

I don't think even McDonald's has yet discovered a way to make lettuce fattening; it's mostly the sauces and whatnot they put over them.
Reply 30
water is the only thing that doesn't make you fat
habosh
water is the only thing that doesn't make you fat

That's not quite true. Some things go straight through your system so if I were, for example, to eat some glass (not a sensible thing to do) it wouldn't make me fat and might actually be quite filling for a while.

MB
Reply 32
musicboy
That's not quite true. Some things go straight through your system so if I were, for example, to eat some glass (not a sensible thing to do) it wouldn't make me fat and might actually be quite filling for a while.

MB

And don't forget dust. Dust? Anybody? No? Dust?

Reply 33
Not all fats are bad for you. Saturated fats are bad for you, when they go into your body they turn solid and clog your arteries. saturated fat is found in cheese, butter, fast food etc. Good fats or essential fatty acids are fats that are NEEDED by the body. The body can't synthesize them and so you need them in your diet. Examples of good fats are omega 3, 9 etc. essential fatty acids can be found in nuts, seeds and a lot of other things.
Reply 34
Generally, fast food, fried food and chocolates :wink:

But honestly, with a decent amount of exercise, they shouldn't pose that much of a problem coupled with the high meta-bolism rate of a teenager :biggrin:

Anyway, exercise is good. It keeps one fit, well-built and well-trimmed + it's free hehe..
Its not that the food makes you fat its that you over eat!!! Trust me I know this for sure my mom is a pharmist and she is also part of Jenny Craig
Reply 36
Lana
I know chips is one, What else?

anything if you eat to much of it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending