Turn on thread page Beta

OCR A2 Economics in a European Context 2888- June 09 watch

ReputationRep:
    I have this exam as well as transport economics. Just wanted to know how everyone is revising for the europe module. Maybe everyone could help each other by posting up questions they think could come up, or any revision notes.

ReputationRep:
    The OCR Toolkit produced by the examiners on Tutor2U is excellent preparation. The blog on the website also contains relevant articles.

ReputationRep:
    Are you taking 2884 The Economics of Work and Leisure? or 2887 The UK Economy? Past question papers from Jan June 2001 2002 2003 2004 are impossible to find, I think OCR publications still sell them, it seems as though there is exam technique involved to a certain degree, as there's always questions in Unit 1 about Production Possibility Curves, Opportunity Cost etc

ReputationRep:
    my Economics teacher would do his own set of notes which were amazing, we had the best eco dept in the country at some point, I'm not sure if it still is and I'd memorise them ^^

ReputationRep:
    Gone through the initial page-long 'introduction' of the pre-released materials, noting all the concepts it covers. Then for each of these concepts e.g. negative externalities, made some notes. Read through the stuff a few time as well.

I hate CAP already though!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/economics/C200/

and ask you school to buy the toolkit

ReputationRep:
    The toolkit has a Mock Paper, which I've been told has almost accurately predicted the actual exam questions for the last few years. I don't think were allowed to copy and paste that on this forum though due to copyright, that's the whole reasoning behind the Licence required for T2U cdroms lately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dynamic1)
    The toolkit has a Mock Paper, which I've been told has almost accurately predicted the actual exam questions for the last few years. I don't think were allowed to copy and paste that on this forum though due to copyright, that's the whole reasoning behind the Licence required for T2U cdroms lately.
    What page is the mock paper on? I can't find it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonkiller)
    What page is the mock paper on? I can't find it.
    I was quite confused as you were too initially, I did manage to find it, it is on page 54, model answers will be provided closer to the exam, it says...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dynamic1)
    I was quite confused as you were too initially, I did manage to find it, it is on page 54, model answers will be provided closer to the exam, it says...
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is it acceptable for us to copy n paste data from the toolkit on TSR here? Or not? hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    I have a question about the picture on page 10. Shouldn't the world price with tariff be above where domestic supply and demand intersect? Doesn't the EU want imported agricultural goods be more expensive than those which are produced in the EU?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangsta316)
    I have a question about the picture on page 10. Shouldn't the world price with tariff be above where domestic supply and demand intersect? Doesn't the EU want imported agricultural goods be more expensive than those which are produced in the EU?
    On the contrary; they would like to be paying a lower price, why would they want to be paying a higher price?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinsta)
    On the contrary; they would like to be paying a lower price, why would they want to be paying a higher price?
    didnt you do the 2888 exam in jan??
    min/ max price will appear .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 130ss)
    didnt you do the 2888 exam in jan??
    min/ max price will appear .
    Nope. Yeah I think it will too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinsta)
    Well wouldn't the EU want imported foods to be more expensive than the domestic EU stuff so that people are discouraged from buying imports and will buy EU stuff. If it's below the EU price then they might as well just buy the imported foods and the whole common agricultural policy would fall apart because nobody would buy the produts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangsta316)
    Well wouldn't the EU want imported foods to be more expensive than the domestic EU stuff so that people are discouraged from buying imports and will buy EU stuff. If it's below the EU price then they might as well just buy the imported foods and the whole common agricultural policy would fall apart because nobody would buy the produts.
    Yes but they don't import it, you mean the world price of agricultural goods. Then yes, they would like a higher world price for agricultural goods, so their domestic firms generate more revenue.

ReputationRep:
    Revise the CAP, its surely bound to come up in one form or another

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the last question is v. likely to be about ETS, have to go through the pros and cons of them and suggest alternatives...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narc)
    Apparently the last question is v. likely to be about ETS, have to go through the pros and cons of them and suggest alternatives...
    I pray to God everyday that this happens.
    exaggeration/

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.