The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I attempted the Tutor2u mock but how do you do the question about drawing a supply and demand picture about rising food prices? Isn't that all in extract 4 (not extracts 2 and 3 which it asks you to use) with farmers switching out of cereals and oil prices rising?
Reply 21
Hello, was just making notes on the tutor2u mark scheme for their paper and have a few questions..

One of their given points to make as to why food prices rose is.. "• Import tariffs imposed on all cereals except oats into the EU. Increasing costs of production and limiting supply.". Didnt the EU DROP import tariffs?

Also why doesnt it cite rising oil prices as a reason..does it want us to only use answers from extract 2 + 3?
Reply 22
nick-33
Hello, was just making notes on the tutor2u mark scheme for their paper and have a few questions..

One of their given points to make as to why food prices rose is.. "• Import tariffs imposed on all cereals except oats into the EU. Increasing costs of production and limiting supply.". Didnt the EU DROP import tariffs?

Also why doesnt it cite rising oil prices as a reason..does it want us to only use answers from extract 2 + 3?

I don't know why they didn't do this, I think it is a valid reason though.

And yes, the EU lowered tarriffs in response to the food inflation. But the tariffs helped with the initial ascent of food prices.
Reply 23
Oh I see, so they were introduced closeby to the 2006-8 inflation?

Another question, the mark scheme says that an import tarriff decrease diagram properly explained will gain high marks. Do I just say that consumer surplus increases, producer surplus decreases, tax revenue falls, imports rise orrrrrr do i have to explain why thats a good thing?
Reply 24
nick-33
Oh I see, so they were introduced closeby to the 2006-8 inflation?

Another question, the mark scheme says that an import tarriff decrease diagram properly explained will gain high marks. Do I just say that consumer surplus increases, producer surplus decreases, tax revenue falls, imports rise orrrrrr do i have to explain why thats a good thing?

I'd be as detailed as possible.
Reply 26
gangsta316
I attempted the Tutor2u mock but how do you do the question about drawing a supply and demand picture about rising food prices? Isn't that all in extract 4 (not extracts 2 and 3 which it asks you to use) with farmers switching out of cereals and oil prices rising?

Hi,

You could say the supply shifts inwards for a number of reasons:

-Rising oil prices this rising costs of production eg tractors etc
-More land set aside for Biofuel production

Also, you could put a shift out in demand i.e economic growth in countries such as China resulting in greater demand.
Reply 27

The guy is a knob. The exam date is the 12th not 16th.
Reply 28
Dunno whether it's in the toolkit or not, but a point for the effectiveness of maximum pricing- could encourage productive efficiency, as firms reduce costs of production to recapture profits, but it might be hard for them to do so because of the the rise in oil prices and fertiliser (refer to graphs).

I'm so bored of this already. D:
Hamoodii
Hi,

You could say the supply shifts inwards for a number of reasons:

-Rising oil prices this rising costs of production eg tractors etc
-More land set aside for Biofuel production

Also, you could put a shift out in demand i.e economic growth in countries such as China resulting in greater demand.

I agree with those points but the question asks you to use extracts 2 and 3. I found the question quite difficult without referring to the information in extract 4.
Reply 30
First question could be comparing the world wholesale price of butter and the EU prices in fig 1.1 and 1.2 as opposed to the data question in the tutor2u mock.
Reply 31
I was just wondernig whether any of you could send me the toolkit. my teacher gave us the toolkit but took the mock paper out of it and has not given us the model answer either. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks
Reply 32
nikm_45
I was just wondernig whether any of you could send me the toolkit. my teacher gave us the toolkit but took the mock paper out of it and has not given us the model answer either. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks

Done. Copyright laws don't apply through exam period, right? :rolleyes:
Reply 34
nick-33
Done. Copyright laws don't apply through exam period, right? :rolleyes:

loll, could you send it to me too please?
[email protected]
thank youuu x
me too please [email protected]
could any1 send me the tutor2u toolkit for the ocr 2888 module to [email protected]? plz
Reply 37
Sent to the last three people that posted. I'm not sending any more though, you can ask the people i've just sent it to :P
Reply 38
thewait
Can't keep on sending to people so thought might as well upload here you go.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=42SCIWH6

From http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=848263&page=5
Reply 39
you are such a babe. Litrally been looking for this forever but cannot afford to spend £35 on it.

Latest

Trending

Trending