The Student Room Group

Psychology Ocr G542 Helllllppppp!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I hope that what I write on here helps everyone out with the exam.

First of all, revise the cognitive and developmental approach as these two haven't came up in a while.
Secondly, revise the studies by maguire and reicher & haslam, but mainly maguire's study.
Finally, revise all the studies in general.

One final tip is, on the day of the exam turn to Section C and do that first and work your way to Section A. By doing this you only have to think of one approach and one study, rather than doing Section A first and having a massive meltdown from trying to remember the details of all 15 studies.

Hope that this helps
Original post by c0nfus3d
do we have to know all assumptions?

No you dont learn 4, developmental is really likely to come up, learn cognitive, psychodynamic and behaviourist as social and individual differences came up in jan
okay here goes, get preapred for a long message :biggrin:
Behaviourist Perspective:
okay this refers to the three theories of learning propsed by various psychologist:
1) Ivan Pavlov- he stated that you could get a neutral stimulus and a neutral something- i'll come back to you on that one-
2) Skinner- suggested that learning was done by reinforcement and the rewarding and punishing of behaviour
3) Albert Bandura said that behaviour was learned through imitation

Psychodyanmic-

1) Sigmund Freud stated that all children go through psychosexual stages:
*oral
*anal
*phallic
*latent

and he supports the iceberg theory which consists of: id, superego and ego-
the id consists of innate, biological sexual desires, aggressive urges and death wishes-etc etc.

Sorry, I'm still in the process of learning it, but try the psychexchange website because everything is brief here. It goes into a lot of detail and i STRONGLY recommend you read upon these topics, as it will aid with section c of the ocr psychology g542 paper.
Hope it helps :smile:

In the exam if behaviourist comes up you're only able to write about Bandura you will get given no marks if you mention anything else
Reply 43
Original post by ambermhammond
No you dont learn 4, developmental is really likely to come up, learn cognitive, psychodynamic and behaviourist as social and individual differences came up in jan

I've already done my psychology A-level :biggrin:

Thankyou anyway :smile:
I've already done my psychology A-level :biggrin:

Thankyou anyway :smile:

Lol ooaps! well maybe others will read this then :P
Original post by FutureMedic!
i detest that study the whole jane, eve black and eve white crap...ARRRRFGGGGHHHHH. lol.

I actually dont mind that study xD though cant tell you how much I hate freud and savage- rumbaugh! :mad:
help peopleeeeee
please
any links MUCH appreciated
predicted A
but curretly on a grade D
argh!
help!
ocr new spec
heeelllloooo
helpppp please
thankssss