The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
howz ur gyzs revisong on engliosh going ???
Reply 21
Just to add, went on an English Literature conference, and the focus is definately on form and structure with only minimal amounts on language.
And to confirm what someone else said earlier, you don't have to compare on Section B, only make links back to the question.
Hope that helps :smile:
Thanks so much! Can you send me a copy of the model answer please? Thanks again!
Reply 23
Betty P
Just to add, went on an English Literature conference, and the focus is definately on form and structure with only minimal amounts on language.
And to confirm what someone else said earlier, you don't have to compare on Section B, only make links back to the question.
Hope that helps :smile:

Thanks very much, I'll be sure to add that into the main post.

And yup, got the second part of what you said already in there :smile:
Reply 24
Amazing post! Thank you :smile:
when it asks u to write about a chapter can u still make references to the rest of the book like could i say something like this:
lthe anguage in this chapter contrasts to the previous one creating the effect of blah blah blah?
Reply 26
You can, but make sure the focus is on the question.
I heard that Section A part a is connections and NOT comparisons (some AQA source from my teacher). I'm having trouble with structuring my answer for Section B?do I compare the whole way through or...
This is great!

Could I have a copy of the model answer please?
for part a if it asks u about two chapters like describe narrative techniques in chapters 3 5 7 for curious incident, do u just write about them individually as a whole or can u compare>?
Somehow i managed to forget how stressful exams are, from last year.
Please could i have a look at the model answer for some clarity? :smile:
MewMachine
Comparison is necessary, but you don't need much. When going onto a new paragraph, write a joining sentence saying how the texts differ.

Hi there (: I went on a conference for this course a couple of weeks ago, held by some of the chief examiners for the course. They said that it isn't necessary to compare any of the texts in Part B. They said that if you do, you will be awarded a small number of marks, but if you don't, you will not lose any.

So obviously, it might be helpful to link them but they said that the question itself, and that you are answering on the same theme (time, characterization, place etc) is enough of a comparison.
Reply 32
Can anyone suggest any likely Part B topics that I can revise? I've read and practiced the Specimen paper but I'd like to get some more practice but I dunno what sort of things will be asked, like importance of places, exciting beginnings etc.

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 33
Hi, Have just joined so no idea how to send a personal message. Is there any chance you could send me the model answer as I have the exam in about a week, and am currently in a mild state of panic. Thanks
Reply 34
I don't think anyone is getting the model answer to be honest. I found the January Section B questions fairly difficult. The significance of titles and the significance of key events. :d
Reply 35
Yeah, ditto. I know the stuff, it's just structuring the questions - still don't feel confident doing it. :-(
Vexed
I don't think anyone is getting the model answer to be honest. I found the January Section B questions fairly difficult. The significance of titles and the significance of key events. :d

Where did you find the January paper - I've still never seen it!
Reply 37
chippyminton91
Where did you find the January paper - I've still never seen it!

We were given a copy for revision in lesson. Not sure where you get them from though, sorry. :o:
Reply 38
heya do you know what chapter came up for gatsby and teh section question fro gatsby????
Reply 39
Hi Can you send me a couple of sample answers. Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending