The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The_Gene_Genie
This thread reminds me of a Stephen K Amos routine where he talked about a show in London where someone came up to him at the end and said,"That was hillarious; I didn't realise black people could be funny!" He replied, "Yes, some of us have even been taught to ride bikes and use rudimentry tools." ..........

I don't think that he's all that funny. He needs to get some new material, instead of pretending to be Richard Pryor circa 1970. Race is still an important thing, but it's not the only thing in the world!
Reply 21
some people do in Guangdong Province.

Most people don't
Reply 22
I have heard of people that eat snakes and drink snake blood as wine. Personally, I've never tried it (yet).
zabna101
Well...Do you guys eat snakes?
If so, how does it taste??

I didn't mean to ask in an offensive. I was just curious.
Sorry, for any misunderstandings.

Thanks in advance.

Well...I guess some Chinese people do eat snakes...but people in most places in Asia also eat snakes.

Some places include Vietnam, Thailand, and Cambodia.

Some people even drink snake blood...notably in most of those places...even in Korea.
Reply 24
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Air_Force_Flight_571

They also eat human fresh so what is so disgusting with eating meat from snakes or dogs or cattle or insects or whatever?

The point I am trying to make is, if you are desperate or poor enough, any protein/food is considered eatable. And one shouldn't use one owns yardstick or culture to judge others. Otherwise, there will be no end to it. For example, the Hindu will start demanding beef be taken off all menu in western countries.
Reply 25
I think they mix the blood with some alcohol and then you can drink it if you like (though not 100% about that:tongue:). I was in a night market in Taiwan once, and there was a HUGE snake in a glass tank with a guy dangling a live mouse over it and talking to the increasingly large crowd, trying to get them to buy some snake meat. After about 10 minutes of this he finally dropped the mouse in to its doom, but the snake just completely ignored it! Everyone walked off tutting.
Reply 26
Maybe you guys think that eating snakes is very disgusting, but actually snakes taste really good. We use it for making soup, or deep fry it with different kinds of spices. We also use snake to make alcohol, snakes can also made medicine. Sometimes we use their skin for chinese medicine.
Reply 27
Ha,, ye,,, we do eat dogs sometimes, mostly in korean restaurants.

and, we dont eat turkeys turkeys because they are our good friend!!@@

Lets face the reality, what's the difference?? As we all eat meat, we are both killing, murdering animals! why u guys blame about what we Chinese eat?
and acually you eat more animals than us do....
Reply 28
They didn't mean that we are terrible, maybe they are just curious.
Reply 29
sry if my words sounds intolerent
i know its just curious and i should understand.. :frown:
but still dont feel comfortable when saw such kind of sayings, with the underlying meaning 'how cruel and semicivilized those chinese are'...
Reply 30
Zoey71

Lets face the reality, what's the difference?? As we all eat meat, we are both killing, murdering animals! why u guys blame about what we Chinese eat?

The entire livestock industry all over the world, including Western countries, is to produce higher quality protein aka animal meat from protein of lower value aka Soy bean & Corn.

So what is the point of having such an industry if you can't kill the animal for their meat?
Zoey71
Ha,, ye,,, we do eat dogs sometimes, mostly in korean restaurants.

and, we dont eat turkeys turkeys because they are our good friend!!@@

People in the US eat turkeys during Thanksgiving. :biggrin:
Reply 32
medistorm
The entire livestock industry all over the world, including Western countries, is to produce higher quality protein aka animal meat from protein of lower value aka Soy bean & Corn.

So what is the point of having such an industry if you can't kill the animal for their meat?

i know, I didnt mean to blame meat-eaters as i eat meat too
just want to clarify that whatever animals' meat we eat its the same, eating pork and beef is not politer than eating snakes or rabbits or dogs or what....:s-smilie:
Reply 33
zero_Gravity91
People in the US eat turkeys during Thanksgiving. :biggrin:

Hahaha, thats just a joke. :p:
Zoey71
Hahaha, thats just a joke. :p:

I obviously know that. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending