Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It is a Saturday night and we should all be out having fun! Instead we are discussing clothes, pop idol and other random things...

*this is not a dig at anyone, God knows I spend enough time here*

So i want your excuses- why are you here?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    coz i have no friends at school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    It is a Saturday night and we should all be out having fun! Instead we are discussing clothes, pop idol and other random things...

*this is not a dig at anyone, God knows I spend enough time here*

So i want your excuses- why are you here?

lou xxx
    I'm recovering from flu.

ReputationRep:
    I am here because i had an operation this week and I'm not allowed out (well I was let out on Thursday and it nearly killed me)... but why i'm writing this insteadof being in bed i have no idea (is it possible to spend too much time in bed?).

As for my excuses every other night- I too poor to go out, too lazy to go round to a friends and there is never anything on tv and spending time with my family or doing college work just aren't options....

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Btw, why is it called stayin'itis' when 'itis' tends to refer to an inflammation of some kind. Perhaps syndrome would be more appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BABYGUY)
    coz i have no friends at school
    I wonder why (!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Btw, why is it called stayin'itis' when 'itis' tends to refer to an inflammation of some kind. Perhaps syndrome would be more appropriate.
    i'm sure it's a proper disease... i have several of the symptoms:

1) permanantly wearing slippers
    2) getting up to watch neighbours + then stay in pyjamas all day (and watching neighbours again)
    3) knowing what time all the programmes are on on a Friday night
    4) ditto for Saturday
    5) ditto for every day... ever
    6) not remembering the last time you saw your friends...
    7) an 'exciting night out' is going the gym...
    8) not remembering the last time you went out because it was so long ago (not to be confused with forgetting because you drank to much)
    9) the last time you drank too much, your parents were there
    10) you become your parent's taxi driver...(surely the only reason they paid for driving lessons + insurance)
    11) you think of random lists when you shoudl be asleep...

hope your flu gets better Ralfskini.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i'm sure it's a proper disease... i have several of the symptoms:

1) permanantly wearing slippers
    2) getting up to watch neighbours + then stay in pyjamas all day (and watching neighbours again)
    3) knowing what time all the programmes are on on a Friday night
    4) ditto for Saturday
    5) ditto for every day... ever
    6) not remembering the last time you saw your friends...
    7) an 'exciting night out' is going the gym...
    8) not remembering the last time you went out because it was so long ago (not to be confused with forgetting because you drank to much)
    9) the last time you drank too much, your parents were there
    10) you become your parent's taxi driver...(surely the only reason they paid for driving lessons + insurance)
    11) you think of random lists when you shoudl be asleep...

hope your flu gets better Ralfskini.

lou xxx
    Thank you lou p lou.

ReputationRep:
    My exscuse is that I went out last night and got very drunk and got my friend who has currently got glandular fever drunk
    and then proceeded to call my ex and cry down the phone to him about missing him and he then turned up at my house this morning when he lives 40 miles away and i woke up with a glass of wine next to my bed and then spent ages cleaning sour cream and chive dip off my living room carpet that I spilt last night whilst trying to get rid of my ex and tel him that I am not actually trying to kill myself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    My exscuse is that I went out last night and got very drunk and got my friend who has currently got glandular fever drunk
    and then proceeded to call my ex and cry down the phone to him about missing him and he then turned up at my house this morning when he lives 40 miles away and i woke up with a glass of wine next to my bed and then spent ages cleaning sour cream and chive dip off my living room carpet that I spilt last night whilst trying to get rid of my ex and tel him that I am not actually trying to kill myself...
    Sour cream dip, is that what they call it nowadays...

ReputationRep:
    Ok several reasons;

-Most of my housemates are at home this weekend (and most weekends as well)
    -Norwich is too expensive on a Saturday night
    -Most of the clubs have over 20's policies on Friday/Saturday nights anyway
    -I'm bored and seeing as I didn't get up til 1 today i'm not really that tired
    -Austin Powers is on, which isn't that good but its better than anything else (and I missed the beginning of Rain Man)
    -Thats it I'm afraid!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and i have a spot under my nose which i've been trying to get rid of but it reaaaallly likes me and i have hairbrush divas on so i'm whisper singing

ReputationRep:
    I've been out. Came back at 11.00 ish because I'm completely broke.
    You know when you are broke when you can only afford to put on 25p bets!!
    As for the symptoms of stayinitis I have it too. I have only been drunk once this term and that was in the first week. Its unheard of for me!

ReputationRep:
    i´ve been going out too much, and i´m afraid of becoming an alcoholic.

ReputationRep:
    hehe ive just come in.

am i suffering from it too.

?

love Katy ***

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2003
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.