Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My rabbit died after 3 days (it was 8 weeks old) of me taking it home, I cared for it the same way as my previous rabbit which was alive from ??/??/04 - 11/04/09. We called the pet shop and they can do anything after 48 hours, do you think this rabbit was too young to be out the shop or was sick, It just seems weird it would die that quick.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like it could have been sick or have some problem

ReputationRep:
    Awww these things happen i guess..

ReputationRep:
    Did you buy it from the Halloween section?

It might be a zombie rabbit.

Go dig it up to check.

At least get a refund, take the corpse back and do a lot of shouting, I think.

ReputationRep:
    It was probably ill when you brought it. I"ve had my rabbit for around 5 years and shes still going strong....she outlived her brother who I also had.

I am sorry for your loss.

ReputationRep:
    Take it back. My rabbit died after 2 weeks. Insist you get your money back or a replacement. My dad took the dead rabbit back lol!

ReputationRep:
    Hm, sorry to hear that. My friend bought a couple of guinea pigs the other day and they both died within quick succession soon after she got them home. She went to the pet shop and they said that almost all of the animals from that litter had died...something had poisoned their water or something =/. Try and find out if the other rabbits have died. As for me, I had one for 7 years, one that died age 2 after an operation and other that lasted about 4 years and died for no apparent reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Take it back. My rabbit died after 2 weeks. Insist you get your money back or a replacement. My dad took the dead rabbit back lol!
    My mum called them they said over 48 hours and they cant give a refund or do anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    Hm, sorry to hear that. My friend bought a couple of guinea pigs the other day and they both died within quick succession soon after she got them home. She went to the pet shop and they said that almost all of the animals from that litter had died...something had poisoned their water or something =/. Try and find out if the other rabbits have died. As for me, I had one for 7 years, one that died age 2 after an operation and other that lasted about 4 years and died for no apparent reason.
    We bought 2, one 8 weeks (died) and one 6 months (alive) and the 6 months is ok

ReputationRep:
    Awwr That is really sad.

(Original post by Torchskins)
    My mum called them they said over 48 hours and they cant give a refund or do anything
    ...try going in there waving a rabbit corpse about and shouting about what happened when they are trying to make a sale - see if that helps. Are they expensive (I'm not familiar with rabbits)?

ReputationRep:
    Aww that's so sad you should get a post mortem done.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you took the rabbit in with you, and argued your case they would have to do something about it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy animals from pet shops.

They're usually cramped, have lived off terrible diets, have had poor dental care, matted fur, not wormed, not vaccinated, all sorts of crap.

The fact that after 48 hours you can't do jack **** just makes it so glaringly obvious how crap they are, and how obvious it is that anything you buy from there is gonna be in a sorry state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJP)
    Awwr That is really sad.

...try going in there waving a rabbit corpse about and shouting about what happened when they are trying to make a sale - see if that helps. Are they expensive (I'm not familiar with rabbits)?
    £17 something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Aww that's so sad you should get a post mortem done.
    that would just depress me (more)

ReputationRep:
    I think they are obliged to take it back if it was sick, trading standards would have something to say to them, it was on watchdog once i think.

ReputationRep:
    £17 something
    is it really worth the hassel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azhao)
    I think they are obliged to take it back if it was sick, trading standards would have something to say to them, it was on watchdog once i think.
    I have no proof it was sick, it just seems weird how it died

ReputationRep:
    I have no proof it was sick, it just seems weird how it died
    You don't need proof, its a certain period of time by law I think, google it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie123)
    is it really worth the hassel?
    I care more about knowing what happened

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.