The Student Room Group

What's the better choice?

Well I had an argument/fight with my girlfriend recently and she said that she just wanted some alone time. Now I'm fine with this, obviously, but is it the right thing to do?

We are both pretty much really depressed about this whole situation and I know that she's really upset by it and I've just been depressed for days since we had the argument/fight. We were going to meet up today and discuss it and try to resolve the problem but she texted me last minute saying she didn't want to anymore. She says she still wants time alone but I have my doubts on if that is the right thing to do. Isn't it better that we just meet up and talk about this and try resolve it and actually stop being so depressed? I mean, I don't know about her but being alone hasn't helped at all and if anything I'm more depressed than at the beginning of this whole situation.

Now this might sound selfish but I hope it doesn't. My birthday is in a few days and we both had agreed on going out (restaurant) and then coming back to my house and just hang out/talk/just be together. We were both really looking forward to it but now I don't know. She says that we'll still definitely meet up but surely if we haven't worked this out yet and meet up won't it just be a big mess? I've practically begged her to just meet up and talk about this so that on my birthday we can actually just enjoy ourselves and everything after this whole depressing time we've had apart but she just insists that she doesn't want to do that.

I respect that but is it the right thing to do? If we haven't discussed this problem and we meet up on my birthday won't it just be impossible to enjoy ourselves because we'll both only be thinking about the probleM?
Reply 1
Better to talk it out sooner rather than later id say. But would be helpful to know what you two are arguing about? We can decide who is in the wrong then :wink:
Reply 2
Pudz
Better to talk it out sooner rather than later id say. But would be helpful to know what you two are arguing about? We can decide who is in the wrong then :wink:

Well I already made a thread (infact, two I think) on this. Basically, she was sorta ignoring me/not spending any time with me when we went out one day with a bunch of our friends. I got annoyed and so called her later and talked to her about it. She got upset, I got upset for upsetting her and we're now here. I don't think it matters much who is at fault though, more of what's the "right" thing to do.

Latest

Trending

Trending