Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've written this on about 2823784374 threads now, but I never get sick of it for some reason. Hohoho.

St.John's College, Cambridge for law on the 11th of December. Not doing lots of extra prep for the interviews - will do some informal "thinking" chat with my tutor and perhaps do the same kind of thing with St.John's admissions office who offered to help me prepare for interview. God bless those angels.

Toady I am in Newcastle and have an interview at 2:30pm, which will be my first interview ever. Should be good practise anyway - I figure they'll want to know about what I am studying in Oxford (I'm at a mature student college here - I am old, I am old, I wear my trousers rolled) and so on. It's only 20 minutes long and I can't think we could get through that many matters of great importance in that time.

Perhaps they just want to see what I am like.

a.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an interview for Churchill College? If so, what subject?

ReputationRep:
    8th december trinhall for bio natsci

ReputationRep:
    11th Dec, Engineering at St Catharine's.

ReputationRep:
    Engineering Cool. What As Level Subjects Ddi You Take Mate?

What Attracted You To Engineering. Its A Good Degree To Take. Well Done On Making A Good Choice

A Boy At My School Is Seriously Considering Doing R.e At University For 3 Years!! Ohh My God!

ReputationRep:
    My next door neighbour is doing Theology. It sounds pretty interesting in a weird way, but too many essays for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liaison)
    Engineering Cool. What As Level Subjects Ddi You Take Mate?

What Attracted You To Engineering. Its A Good Degree To Take. Well Done On Making A Good Choice

A Boy At My School Is Seriously Considering Doing R.e At University For 3 Years!! Ohh My God!
    I took Maths Further Maths Economics Biology and Physics, but only carrying on Maths Biology and Physics at A2.

Why Engineering? I love the way that scientific ideas can be used to solve everyday problems, it's always interested me. I was considering doing particle physics, but did the engineering education scheme in yr 12 and that changed my mind. Also there aren't many girls in engineering (I'm female by the way)

ReputationRep:
    Applied for English at New Hall, only got interview info 20th Nov with forms due for return on the 21st Nov!?
    I am too scared to explain and have lost all spelling& grammatical capabilities- I'm also suspicious that I got an interview at all- I'm by no means Cam material.
    Interview 8th Dec, anyone got any magic- black or white I don't discriminate, prayers- all religions welcome or of course some advice? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meltingmetal)
    Applied for English at New Hall, only got interview info 20th Nov with forms due for return on the 21st Nov!?
    I am too scared to explain and have lost all spelling& grammatical capabilities- I'm also suspicious that I got an interview at all- I'm by no means Cam material.
    Interview 8th Dec, anyone got any magic- black or white I don't discriminate, prayers- all religions welcome or of course some advice? :confused:
    What were your gcse and as grades?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE 3A*s 5As 1B
    AS D/B and A2 A
    the hilarity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meltingmetal)
    GCSE 3A*s 5As 1B
    AS D/B and A2 A
    the hilarity
    Not exactly hilarious. Your gcse grades are certainly good enough, but Im unsure about how many AS youve done. So you got D,B and a full Alevel at grade A??

ReputationRep:
    uh-huh I'm one of those bitter third year types you see around school/college cursing the existence of anyone born anytime post '85
    (thats on a bad day i assure you....)

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.