Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    24-7!! Mwahahaahaha! We're in the final!!! Bring on Australia!

ReputationRep:
    What a huge relief, I just hope we beat the aussies, I can't stand to losing to them in almost every sport imaginable...

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't the game supposed to be close? 24-7 doesn't sound it. I wanted a New Zealand - England final, that would have been a brilliant game.

ReputationRep:
    tis good, only saw the second half (in bed for the first) but was a good performance, we should had got a try at the end though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Wasn't the game supposed to be close? 24-7 doesn't sound it. I wanted a New Zealand - England final, that would have been a brilliant game.
    It's closer than it sounds, England just played some good possession rugby, the French were a bit disorganised, and we just capitalised with Wilko knocking over the goals every now and then...

ReputationRep:
    Wilkinson is pivotal to England. Maybe too much so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Wilkinson is pivotal to England. Maybe too much so?
    As long as he plays in the final...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    As long as he plays in the final...
    True. If anything were to happen to him though... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    True. If anything were to happen to him though... :eek:
    Don't tempt fate

ReputationRep:
    Got a few points. Did people see the Australian's celebrating after beating NZ? It looked like they had won the World Cup. England however, well they walked off the pitch knowing they'd done their job well but knowing the proper business is NEXT Saturday, not the Saturday just gone.

Michalak? Who? LOL and to think I thought he was the challenger to Wilkinson's throne.

Lastly, tries. France, supposedly a rugby nation that plays with flair, width, pace, managed to get a try that, lets be fair, included none of the above. England would undoubtably score more tries if the teams they played against gave away less pens!

Bring on the England v Australia. Everyone else, go home and try not to be bitter...

Ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Bring on the England v Australia. Everyone else, go home and try not to be bitter...

Ed
    Go home? Except for the small matter of the third place play-off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)

Lastly, tries. France, supposedly a rugby nation that plays with flair, width, pace, managed to get a try that, lets be fair, included none of the above. England would undoubtably score more tries if the teams they played against gave away less pens!

Ed
    Hmm.... I'm not sure I agree with this.

England have been playing ver negative rugby of late and have seemed to find it harder to penetrate top defences than they used to.

Rugby is supposed to be entertainment and although the conditions can be blamed, in part, for the display, the games I have watched lately have been pretty boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Go home? Except for the small matter of the third place play-off?
    Indeed, after all, emphasis on the small matter.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.