Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound really stupid but I'm going to say it anyway because I'd like to get some feedback. Whether you just make fun or laugh I dunno but its worth a stab, I can take hits

So at my school theres this girl who joined this year and everytime I see her my heart goes crazy!! I'm not joking... but she is the year below (I'm last year school before uni), and I share like nooooooo mutual friends!! So this is the stupid bit I haven't even said hi...........! But everytime I see her she is with friends and the first step is just too big suppose she blanks me perhaps its best not to know then to get rejected... She does two of the same subjects as me and lives really close to me, but I have never seen her outside school :|

What is your best advice for getting to know her, I mean even if it didn't work out, it'd still be nice to have her as a friend considering she lives so close and shares two subjects...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tealer)
    This is going to sound really stupid but I'm going to say it anyway because I'd like to get some feedback. Whether you just make fun or laugh I dunno but its worth a stab, I can take hits

So at my school theres this girl who joined this year and everytime I see her my heart goes crazy!! I'm not joking... but she is the year below (I'm last year school before uni), and I share like nooooooo mutual friends!! So this is the stupid bit I haven't even said hi...........! But everytime I see her she is with friends and the first step is just too big suppose she blanks me perhaps its best not to know then to get rejected... She does two of the same subjects as me and lives really close to me, but I have never seen her outside school :|

What is your best advice for getting to know her, I mean even if it didn't work out, it'd still be nice to have her as a friend considering she lives so close and shares two subjects...

Thanks
    Hmmm...maybe you could catch her when she's not with her friends. If shes ever alone say hi. Don't worry about being rejected, if she rejects you then she's not worth it anyway. Just see how she responds, all you have to do is say hi. If she laughs, then she's not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks gem, thats some good advice. One other thing i neglected to mention was that one of my girl friends told her that I fancied her, to be honest I was suprised she did this I mean we're not in bloody kindergarten anymore She barely even knows her anyway!! So she knows the name but I don't think she knows who I actually am :O

ReputationRep:
    Yeah maybe u cud catch her outta school if she lives near u (but don't make it look like ur a stalker!). I dunno...after a few hellos n how r u doins, u cud offer her a lift home (if u drive) or walk/bus it with her.

ReputationRep:
    I need a Girlfriend!!!

I had one about 2 months ago but we split up recantly.

I like this girl at college but because of my Previous bad relationship I haven’t got the courage to ask her out.

I think I’m broken hearted over my Ex

Does anyone want a Boyfriend (Girls only!!!!)

Id appreciate some advice

ReputationRep:
    Ask her out, if you want her as a girlfriend, its the only way its going to happen. Girls are in general too shy. Just grab ur balls and ask her out as otherwise ull never forgive yourself

ReputationRep:
    I think you should just go for it, just say hi, most girls will say hi back, if anyone says hi to me i say hi back. Dont miss the opportunity, because there have been so many chances for me, but i have been too shy. Now i always wonder "what if"

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Don't ask her out. You don't even know her.

ReputationRep:
    but he can get to know her. The if it doesnt feel right he doesnt have to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    I can take hits

its best not to know then to get rejected...

She does two of the same subjects as me and lives really close to me, but I have never seen her outside school :|

Thanks
    If you take hits ask her out-if thats what YOU want. How do you know what her subjects are if youv'e never spoken to her. Do Not Stalk-how do you even know she lives near you (if she walks same way, walk with her) The next person you should speak to next about this is her. Rumours are more damaging than anything else. And it is not "best not to know then to get rejected... " as otherwise you wil torture yourself with what ifs, instead of picking yourself up and trying with another girl.

Don't speak to her in front of friends for long at first, cos girls like guys will wanna look cool and she might say things when she feels differently and be influenced by her friends. Plus its kudos for her if you do go out as all girls want a bf as a status symbol, therefore one the year above is generally better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by csouter)
    I need a Girlfriend!!!
    I had one about 2 months ago but we split up recantly.
    I like this girl at college but because of my Previous bad relationship I haven’t got the courage to ask her out.
    I think I’m broken hearted over my Ex
    Does anyone want a Boyfriend (Girls only!!!!)
    thats the wrong mindset. For a start you don't NEED a gf. You should be happy about yourself. How does a previous BAD (? 2 months is decent) relationship justify not asking her out. Remember if you don't ask her out you'll be full of what ifs. our problems seem contadictory as well. GET OVER YOUR EX by having fun and doing what you want to do nad hanging with your mates.

And don't ask people on a forum, ull get weird gals sayin yes seriously, a pretty + sensible girl wouldn't agree to go out with someone straight off from the internet.

ReputationRep:
    A guy at work who sits opposite looks exactley like Brad Pitt (but grunged up a bit). Anyways I liked him for ages but when I finally did get speaking to him, he didn't have a personality.. watch out for that, she might be totally different to what you expect- and don't let her push you around because you think she's attractive. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I seem to have had almost exactly the same thing happen to me. well, its still happening. But im past the first step. I talked to her when her friends were not around, and we got to be friends. but im having other trouble, namely I am stuck at the second step. I dont know even if she likes me as a friend. any advice?

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    go round the school chanting sex :eek:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.