Turn on thread page Beta

Degrees which on average get you the best paid job. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    A law degrees got to give you a high paid job.
    It's a lot less impressive when you look at the figures for expenditure incurred during your Legal Practice Course added to your student loans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Worried)
    It's a lot less impressive when you look at the figures for expenditure incurred during your Legal Practice Course added to your student loans.
    I know but in th long run its worth it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, probably :)

But living with the pressure of a massive debt during those years can't be good for your mental health.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, probably

But living with the pressure of a massive debt during those years can't be good for your mental health.
    Every student has debts and i'm the same as every one else in the fact that i;'m not looking forward to them but its life and it aint fair( i'v said that twice today).
    Once we are out of debt we can look back at it and say we survived.

ReputationRep:
    Once we are out of debt we can look back at it and say we survived.
    [CYNICAL] Yes. If we ever do. [/CYNCIAL] ;)

ReputationRep:
    [CYNICAL] Yes. If we ever do. [/CYNCIAL]
    lol, don't worry be happy (sing the song along with me)
    As you can see education has done is toll on me and i am constently on pills so i hope you make it

ReputationRep:
    Well, I guess it doesn't matter as long as everyone's happy.

Unlessyourunoutofmoneyandcan'tbu ythepillsanymore,whichinturnlead stoaviciouscircleofbankloansandu ncontrolledboutsofhappinessinvol vingimpromtusingalongs.

Wait, wait. Suppressing tense and nervous energy.

Ahhh. All done.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for massive delay in getting back to people. According to a Times article in 1997, an economics graduate could expect an average starting pay of £35k.

See: http://les1.man.ac.uk/ses/ug/careers.htm for some other facts and figures.

Ed

ReputationRep:
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that the top 5 are

1. medical
    2. law
    3. economics
    4. maths
    5.... damn cant remember

dunno how recent that is, think I read it in a magazine last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Sorry for massive delay in getting back to people. According to a Times article in 1997, an economics graduate could expect an average starting pay of £35k.

Ed
    If the starting salary in 1997 was £35k, allowing for inflation of 3% each year until I graduate in 2006, I could be looking at a £48k salary.

ReputationRep:
    That is funny.

ReputationRep:
    Taking into account all BA or BSc degrees, on average, the highest paid is clinical dentistry. The Masters degree which, on average, results in you getting the highest paid job is economics.

Interesting!
    .... if you get a job

engineers have great job opertunities and highish pay.

ReputationRep:
    It depends how much emphasis you put on money. For me, financial security rather than lots of money is important.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to take a maths and economics degree and hopfully earn a lot in something (not sure what yet). I heard some of the highest paid professions are in actuarial science. Because maths is such a great transferable skill I hopefully won't end up jobless or with a job I can barely buy a house with (you know what I mean).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    .... if you get a job

engineers have great job opertunities and highish pay.
    Yup with an engineering type degree you can basically do anything you like (Baring the obvious like medicine).

And that 35k was after 10 years, its not the starting salary, read the article

ReputationRep:
    thats good to note:
    note to self don't do dentistry

do you know wht the sucide rate is ?
    2 in 3...

ReputationRep:
    put the money you would spend on university towards a nose job and boob implants and you can make a hell of a lot more than you would with a degree in dentistry.

Failing that, becoming a plastic surgeon would earn you more than being a dentist or an engineer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    put the money you would spend on university towards a nose job and boob implants and you can make a hell of a lot more than you would with a degree in dentistry.

Failing that, becoming a plastic surgeon would earn you more than being a dentist or an engineer.
    is psychology not high pay?

ReputationRep:

Ed
    If I'm not earning double that figure by the time I'm 30 or so I'll eat my hat. OR I'll start my own business (remember I was telling you about it, send me your CV's) .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    is psychology not high pay?

not very oftern...they're 2 a penny at the moment

love Katy ***

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.