Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello...i start sixth form next year and i was wondering whether I should do English Language or Psychology at AS. Is either one more respected? Or are they both a waste of time? I was also wondering how much your English skills (such as spelling and grammer) actually matter in English Language...i heard that it is more to do with memorising things (like how dialects have developed etc) then the actual application of English...I am likely to get a B/A in my English GCSE (but only because Speaking and Listening is so easy!)

O yeah, my other subjects are Maths, Biology, Economics and General Studies.

Any help, opinion or advice would be really appreciated. Help!

ReputationRep:
    Psychology
    Easy pass, did no revision and got an A

ReputationRep:
    i did both eng lang and psych to a2 and found they were both interesting at times, dull at others. but worth doing all told.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say psychology is the more interesting of the two, but that's down to personal opinion. Certainly, neither is a waste of time - just pick the one you think you'd enjoy most.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.