English Language or Psychology

Watch
This discussion is closed.
FudgeMonkey
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hello...i start sixth form next year and i was wondering whether I should do English Language or Psychology at AS. Is either one more respected? Or are they both a waste of time? I was also wondering how much your English skills (such as spelling and grammer) actually matter in English Language...i heard that it is more to do with memorising things (like how dialects have developed etc) then the actual application of English...I am likely to get a B/A in my English GCSE (but only because Speaking and Listening is so easy!)

O yeah, my other subjects are Maths, Biology, Economics and General Studies.

Any help, opinion or advice would be really appreciated. Help!
CasperUK
Report 16 years ago
Psychology
Easy pass, did no revision and got an A
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i did both eng lang and psych to a2 and found they were both interesting at times, dull at others. but worth doing all told.
Worried
Report 16 years ago
I'd say psychology is the more interesting of the two, but that's down to personal opinion. Certainly, neither is a waste of time - just pick the one you think you'd enjoy most.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (19)
41.3%
Take exams next summer (11)
23.91%
Change uni choice through clearing (11)
23.91%
Apply to uni next year instead (4)
8.7%
I'm not applying to university (1)
2.17%

Watched Threads