This discussion is closed.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
be interesting to hear your views on marriage....

if you had been in a long term relationship, would you have the desire to get married?
nabzp
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah of course
MattG
Rep:
?
(Original post by nabzp)
yeah of course
but why? do you think its a natural progression or what?
theone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't think it would bother too much as much as that I would not have an overwhelming desire to get married. I think if you enjoy each other's company and are really into each other then that's enough...
MattG
Rep:
?
(Original post by theone)
I don't think it would bother too much as much as that I would not have an overwhelming desire to get married. I think if you enjoy each other's company and are really into each other then that's enough...
yeah true, but what about the legal stuff, i.e if you had children and you seperated...there is no official leglisation for what happens to them.

i'm not some christian "marrriage is essential" freak but im just interested in what ppl think of it now, with increasing divorce rates etc.
nabzp
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it's like a seal (i cant fink of a better word ere)...like something that shows ultimate love
theone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not saying I don't advocate marriage, I just don't feel that I would have an overwhelming desire at one particular time to get married, I think it would be more a thing that would become more desirable to me in time.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Marriages can warm up as well as cool down.
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think that if you have loved someone for a every long time, you should get marriied.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Dunno, really, I wouldn't do it for the sake of it.

If people want to make that commitment to each other, then fine, but there is no role for the state in marriage.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
Dunno, really, I wouldn't do it for the sake of it.

If people want to make that commitment to each other, then fine, but there is no role for the state in marriage.
yep, i think it is the ultimate commitment you can make to someone.

lou xxx
Spig
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think if you want to have kids then you should always be married before you do so.im just old fashioned like that.otherwise,i dont really see the point in getting married really.
donnaxx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yer
LadyFadge
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)

if you had been in a long term relationship, would you have the desire to get married?
I am in a long term relationship and i want to get married
Angel Lory
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by LadyFadge)
I am in a long term relationship and i want to get married
OMG thankyou I thought I was the only one!! I think the biggest commitment you can make to someone is having their children...coz thats like a GENETIC bond - and you can't get much deeper than that!
I wanna marry my boyf...which is scary at 18 but it feels right. I only want to get married for the day though, the big white wedding, the honeymoon...its just a big party to show people that you love them so much you wake up with them every morning and have a family together. The fact that my parents divorced has made me see it more as a piece of paper than an "unbreakable bond".
Everytime I mention marriage my boyfriend looks like this -----> He hates the idea...but I just can't imagine anyone else I'd rather spend my life with...we'll see hehe
Infinty.
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)

i dont do long term relationships and ill never get married its use em and loose em for this gal.
MattG
Rep:
?
interesting views.

i was just thinking that out of my friends i can only think of one person who has seen her parents get divorced and still want to get married.

all my other friends who have parents that didnt get married or have seen divorce really dont like the idea of it.

personally im indifferent, either way
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (65)
52%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.2%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
26.4%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.4%

Watched Threads