Turn on thread page Beta

Marriage? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    be interesting to hear your views on marriage....

if you had been in a long term relationship, would you have the desire to get married?

ReputationRep:
    yeah of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabzp)
    yeah of course
    but why? do you think its a natural progression or what?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it would bother too much as much as that I would not have an overwhelming desire to get married. I think if you enjoy each other's company and are really into each other then that's enough...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I don't think it would bother too much as much as that I would not have an overwhelming desire to get married. I think if you enjoy each other's company and are really into each other then that's enough...
    yeah true, but what about the legal stuff, i.e if you had children and you seperated...there is no official leglisation for what happens to them.

i'm not some christian "marrriage is essential" freak but im just interested in what ppl think of it now, with increasing divorce rates etc.

ReputationRep:
    it's like a seal (i cant fink of a better word ere)...like something that shows ultimate love

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying I don't advocate marriage, I just don't feel that I would have an overwhelming desire at one particular time to get married, I think it would be more a thing that would become more desirable to me in time.

ReputationRep:
    Marriages can warm up as well as cool down.

ReputationRep:
    i think that if you have loved someone for a every long time, you should get marriied.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, really, I wouldn't do it for the sake of it.

If people want to make that commitment to each other, then fine, but there is no role for the state in marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Dunno, really, I wouldn't do it for the sake of it.

If people want to make that commitment to each other, then fine, but there is no role for the state in marriage.
    yep, i think it is the ultimate commitment you can make to someone.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i think if you want to have kids then you should always be married before you do so.im just old fashioned like that.otherwise,i dont really see the point in getting married really.

ReputationRep:
    yer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)

if you had been in a long term relationship, would you have the desire to get married?
    I am in a long term relationship and i want to get married

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyFadge)
    I am in a long term relationship and i want to get married
    OMG thankyou I thought I was the only one!! I think the biggest commitment you can make to someone is having their children...coz thats like a GENETIC bond - and you can't get much deeper than that!
    I wanna marry my boyf...which is scary at 18 but it feels right. I only want to get married for the day though, the big white wedding, the honeymoon...its just a big party to show people that you love them so much you wake up with them every morning and have a family together. The fact that my parents divorced has made me see it more as a piece of paper than an "unbreakable bond".
    Everytime I mention marriage my boyfriend looks like this -----> He hates the idea...but I just can't imagine anyone else I'd rather spend my life with...we'll see hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)

i dont do long term relationships and ill never get married its use em and loose em for this gal.

ReputationRep:
    interesting views.

i was just thinking that out of my friends i can only think of one person who has seen her parents get divorced and still want to get married.

all my other friends who have parents that didnt get married or have seen divorce really dont like the idea of it.

personally im indifferent, either way

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2003
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.