Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok, heres a puzzler, but before you read this i want to make it clear im not tree-hugging earth mother (well, father, but hey) type, i just dont spend unnecessarily large amounts on clothes, ok?

ok, can someone PLEASE tell me the reasoning behind spending like £140 on nike trainers, or £120 on a D&G T-shirt?

i mean its a T-SHIRT for god sake, you can buy one exactly the same but with no D&G ion it for like a fiver, so WHY!?!?!?!?!!?

this i have pondered for some time, someone come up with a good answer, please!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    ok, heres a puzzler, but before you read this i want to make it clear im not tree-hugging earth mother (well, father, but hey) type, i just dont spend unnecessarily large amounts on clothes, ok?

ok, can someone PLEASE tell me the reasoning behind spending like £140 on nike trainers, or £120 on a D&G T-shirt?

i mean its a T-SHIRT for god sake, you can buy one exactly the same but with no D&G ion it for like a fiver, so WHY!?!?!?!?!!?

this i have pondered for some time, someone come up with a good answer, please!!
    Its fashion baby !!! (austin powers accent).
    People want to differentiate themselves from other types or classes of people and expensive clothing does that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oanjum)
    If having designerwear makes some1 feel better about themselves then so be it.
    I think it originally comes from wanting to be like somebody, which can mean not being urselves. thats not a good thing ofcourse.
    I never said theres anything wrong with it, every one wants to feel and look good and your right clothes do that

ReputationRep:
    i never said u did say there was anythng wrong with it, lol.
    soz thats just me, i'm dumb lol

ReputationRep:
    i never said u did say there was anythng wrong with it, lol.
    Some people spend their money down the pub, some buy nice clothes - i do both

The point being...people spend their money on things that make them happy and if clothes is your thing then why not?

ReputationRep:
    i but expensive shoes because they are more comfortable and fit better.

the same is true with designer clothes. they are not so mass produced so their are of a better quality.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)

the same is true with designer clothes. they are not so mass produced so their are of a better quality.

love Katy ***
    Yup I agree - you get what you pay for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    Its fashion baby !!! (austin powers accent).
    People want to differentiate themselves from other types or classes of people and expensive clothing does that
    ok, take jitters, for example, they dont spend that much (kind of a generalisation, but often true), and they distinguish themselves no end!

ReputationRep:
    ok, take jitters, for example, they dont spend that much (kind of a generalisation, but often true), and they distinguish themselves no end!
    jitters??? u losst me there

ReputationRep:
    I dont go round just looking for expensive clothes, if I see something I like then I will buy it regardless of whether it is a designer label etc but it just happens that most things I like tend to be expensive lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)

love Katy ***
    ok, up to a point, but after say, £30 (most i've EVER spent on a t-shirt) d'ya reaklly think you'll feel the difference up to £130? i think not - its all cotton, after all!

ReputationRep:
    ok, up to a point, but after say, £30 (most i've EVER spent on a t-shirt) d'ya reaklly think you'll feel the difference up to £130? i think not - its all cotton, after all!

i dont shop for blokes clothes, but you wouldnt get much for less than £20 in the cheep shops on the high street.

and yes i can tell the difference between a £20 top and a £60 top.

for girls its not just cotton

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    okay but its not just the fabric its made of for example, i wanted some shoes for my interview and went in Shuh (i know thats splet wrong) and found some greate looking shoes bet the quality of the leather wa the same as any other shooes but they looked gr8

ReputationRep:
    jitters??? u losst me there
    soz, definition of jitter:

mosher, skater, rocker etc:
    baggy trouser, hoodies, listen to guitar music etc, u get me?

ReputationRep:
    soz, definition of jitter:

mosher, skater, rocker etc:
    baggy trouser, hoodies, listen to guitar music etc, u get me?
    got you, but they also have expensive clothing as well like o'neil etc,

ReputationRep:
    have you ever looked at the prices???

its not cheep.

a guy i used to go out with was into that sceen and spent more on clothes than me- and i do like to shop.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    got you, but they also have expensive clothing as well like o'neil etc,
    fair, (although i'd say that was more 'surfer', lol)
    but the point was that they dont HAVE to spend much to define themselves as moshers

and yes, i know they can be a bit strange sometimes, lol

ReputationRep:
    just like to say 401 post woo hoo ,
    i'm adored and repected (well probably not )

ReputationRep:
    nike trainers are not good quality

ReputationRep:
    fair, (although i'd say that was more 'surfer', lol)
    but the point was that they dont HAVE to spend much to define themselves as moshers

and yes, i know they can be a bit strange sometimes, lol
    yep everone defines themselves differently and you don't need clothes to do that but it helps lol

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.