Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    just like to say 401 post woo hoo ,
    i'm adored and repected (well probably not )
    lol, congrats, by the way, how do you go up, i've got more than 30 posts, and yet im still a 'new member'?

maybe my clothes aren't expensive enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    nike trainers are not good quality
    I just designed and bought some nike trainers after seeing that other thread about it - cost £90 + P&P. As you can design them yourself (all the colours etc) they are gonna be pretty unique. The only problem is the 5 week deliverly time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    lol, congrats, by the way, how do you go up, i've got more than 30 posts, and yet im still a 'new member'?

maybe my clothes aren't expensive enough
    lol, the more posts you have the better your ratigs are if you check the FAQ's it'll show you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    I just designed and bought some nike trainers after seeing that other thread about it - cost £90 + P&P. As you can design them yourself (all the colours etc) they are gonna be pretty unique. The only problem is the 5 week deliverly time.
    seriously you can design them yourself wher from? hazarding a guess at nike.com lol

ReputationRep:
    only OTHER problem, apart from the 5 wekk delivery time?

the five-childrens-lives, sweatshop cost.

ReputationRep:
    only OTHER problem, apart from the 5 wekk delivery time?

the five-childrens-lives, sweatshop cost.
    but thats probably only what £1 at the most, nike can live with that

ReputationRep:
    but thats probably only what £1 at the most, nike can live with that
    im not saying they can't, just that I couldn't live with knowing the my hyper-expensive shoes probably cost a child the use of their fingers in later life

ReputationRep:
    im not saying they can't, just that I couldn't live with knowing the my hyper-expensive shoes probably cost a child the use of their fingers in later life
    so what you don't where nike or Addidas or but products from any other Multi National Country, its life an to but it bluntly its not fair

ReputationRep:

you dont know anything about your own clothes unless you made them from the cotton plant yourself.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    seriously you can design them yourself wher from? hazarding a guess at nike.com lol
    Yup - http://www.nikeid.com/europe

You choose a 'model' and then customise all the colourings etc and can even have an id put on it - i've got 'niknak' lol

Be careful though, I went on there just to look but liked my design so much I bought it lol

....and no, I don't work for nike!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    you dont know anything about your own clothes unless you made them from the cotton plant yourself.

love Katy ***
    thas a bit harsh isn't it

ReputationRep:
    so what you don't where nike or Addidas or but products from any other Multi National Country, its life an to but it bluntly its not fair
    ok, i know its naive to think thats its only nike, adidas and gap that use sweatshop labour, but those have been well-documented.

also, i cant pretend thats why i dont buy it -i dont buy it becasue i dt like the image, design or price, which brings me back to my original point --is fashion pointless? lol

ReputationRep:

love Katy ***
    ooh, sting by ickle_katy!

ReputationRep:
    ok, i know its naive to think thats its only nike, adidas and gap that use sweatshop labour, but those have been well-documented.
    Although this may have been the case in the past, as you said this is now well-documented and they have all been investigated. As these practices are illegal, they almost definately won't be doing that anymore.

btw...see my above post if u wanna design your own, everyone posted at once so you may have missed it.

ReputationRep:

also, i cant pretend thats why i dont buy it -i dont buy it becasue i dt like the image, design or price, which brings me back to my original point --is fashion pointless? lol
    its your view of it but fashion and the priciples taht it brings is here and will never leave.
    can you imagine going to a job interview for an office jobwith 'goth' type clothes on and get in obviously they expect suits.

ReputationRep:
    Although this may have been the case in the past, as you said this is now well-documented and they have all been investigated. As these practices are illegal, they almost definately won't be doing that anymore.

btw...see my above post if u wanna design your own, everyone posted at once so you may have missed it.
    Virtually all companies exploit overseas work forces as cheap labour anyway (although not sweatshops but paying them low wages).

For example, if you are using a laptop right now, its 99% certain that it was put together in indonesia or mayalsia (even hp, compaq, packard bell etc). That is the hub of world computer manufacturing that has built up there so much because of not having to pay employees high wages.

ReputationRep:
    Virtually all companies exploit overseas work forces as cheap labour anyway (although not sweatshops but paying them low wages).

For example, if you are using a laptop right now, its 99% certain that it was put together in indonesia or mayalsia (even hp, compaq, packard bell etc). That is the hub of world computer manufacturing that has built up there so much because of not having to pay employees high wages.
    i agreee totally its all economics look at whats been in the news recently the railway wants to move its helpline call centres to India

ReputationRep:
    for girls its not just cotton
    Don't generalise now! As I said yestarday, I'm cheap and cheerful.

ReputationRep:
    well the interview thing is simple dress code, and i know its here to stay! i just think its wrong, thats all! why do companies like nike HAVE to charge so much if they can get cheap labour, and why do people pay it? there are products which are made in the same factory, on the same production lines - - then at the end of that line, half go off to be shipped, and half go through one more process, stamping/sewing on a name thats costs the company an extra 1p a time, at the very most!

the difference in the product? 1p of cotton thread
    the difference in price? about £40

i think this was with hats by helly hansen, but i'm sure there are more instances like it!

ReputationRep:
    well the interview thing is simple dress code, and i know its here to stay! i just think its wrong, thats all! why do companies like nike HAVE to charge so much if they can get cheap labour, and why do people pay it? there are products which are made in the same factory, on the same production lines - - then at the end of that line, half go off to be shipped, and half go through one more process, stamping/sewing on a name thats costs the company an extra 1p a time, at the very most!

the difference in the product? 1p of cotton thread
    the difference in price? about £40

i think this was with hats by helly hansen, but i'm sure there are more instances like it!
    Its supply and demand no body like paying that much but they will. like a millionnaire would'nt care if he spent 2 grand on a suit, its all relative to the amount of money we have

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.