Turn on thread page Beta

Going to the Other Side of the Pond watch

ReputationRep:
    OK guys, i've just found this website which is a quite useful guide:

http://www.collegeview.com/college/n.../study_us.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    If you've already completed A-Levels, what's the point in going back to a U.S high school?
    i can do different subjects, for one thing. have a few more subjects under my belt plus there are classes for advanced students so i could take those. the big point is that ill get to see america/americans!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    i can do different subjects, for one thing. have a few more subjects under my belt plus there are classes for advanced students so i could take those. the big point is that ill get to see america/americans!
    Well AP courses aren't any tougher than A-Levels to be fair. I can understand going just for the expierence though xthup

ReputationRep:
    Yeah good on yer edders - should have a brill time.

I'm probably going to settle for going to a UK uni but get a years study overseas.

ReputationRep:
    Im a duel citizen applying for rice and yale university
    firstly applying is a complicated bussiness and u might want to set some time aside to undertake it (like half term). there is a common application system that many top unis accept and that will cut doen time but on top of this each will want its own forms filled out both by you and your teacher. the deal with A-levels is u can subsitute the SAT 2 tests for a-levels in some big unis like harvard and yale but only if you have them so predicted grades are no good to you. the SAT1 test is mandatory and i just booked mine the SAT 2 test will usually be asked for as well. i took my SAT 2 a few weeks agao and i can say it felt very foreign, i took biology writing and literature and got mixed scores. my advice would be to take the tests seriously because you have to pay for them and its a good back up if u screw up your A-level finals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Yeah good on yer edders - should have a brill time.

I'm probably going to settle for going to a UK uni but get a years study overseas.
    cheers niknak. yeah a uni course with a year abroad is the way to go i reckon, if i go to durham or IC i can choose to have a year in europe... id learn german and go there cos its a cool country.

ReputationRep:
    as if you could miss them

***im in trouble!***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    as if you could miss them

***im in trouble!***
    lol 'HELLO HAVE A NICE DAY SIR!'

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.