What will happen?, went through red light Watch

This discussion is closed.
S001
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Basically I was on a roundabout and the lights ahead of me went green and I started to drive i stopped immediately and reversed back when I realised
I reversed as far as I could and was just halfway through the pedestrian crossing line, will I be recieving a ticket and 3 points for this or what and if I do recieve one should I appeal or am I in fault?
LiveFastDieYoung
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
was there a camera??
CookieArun
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends if there was a camera, if it was a major roundabout (on a motorway or main road) there may have been camera's therefore you may recieve three points and a ticket.
S001
It was a major roundabout and a camera was present it was one of the little black ones on top of the traffic light I think would they take into account that I didn't drive off only a metre then realised but I'm wondering will they be able to tell this?
jsoh?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just hope you didn't go far enough across and the camera didn't pick you up.

Do speed cameras actually flash these days? And if they do, did you notice it lmao.
TomDut
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry to break your spirits but if there was a camera there and you've been seen - they probably wont really care that you realised and drove back after driving through a little bit. The way they'll see it you should have noticed before.
Not saying it's right of them.

Hope it works out okay for you. =]
JayEm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by S001)
It was a major roundabout and a camera was present it was one of the little black ones on top of the traffic light I think would they take into account that I didn't drive off only a metre then realised but I'm wondering will they be able to tell this?
They're not cameras, they're sensors to see if people are on the crossing.
JayEm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Use this to see if there was a camera there:
http://www.scdb.info/nl/software-karte/11467
Pan's-Labyrinth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jsoh?)
Just hope you didn't go far enough across and the camera didn't pick you up.

Do speed cameras actually flash these days? And if they do, did you notice it lmao.
Yeah they flash.
I got flashed at speeding. I didnt realise it was a 30mph so was doing 37mph thinking it was a 40.

Mind you it was dark hence why I noticed the bright purple/blue flash :p:
S001
No it wasn't anything regarding speeding, my car was the one at the front and the lights ahead went green. I drove for a metre and then realised that it wasn't our turn to go and then reversed back as much as I could and was on the pedestrian crossing. There was a little black camera I think on top. and if I do get a ticket and points I'd like to appeal I don't think my story would be strong enough do you? What do you think I should say?
PeterGriffin
Report 10 years ago
If you appeal why should they believe you reversed back? They only take one photo.

I think you'll be ok though to be honest, i think the cameras ontop of traffic lights are for pedestrians, although i really have no idea lol.
stuart_hatch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The black things ontop on traffic lights arn't cameras, they are sensors

So no you didn't get caught

Traffic light cameras look like this

username281848
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are very few red light sensing cameras in the UK. You can tell them because there change sequence features a very short yellow period. - They also capture an entire visual of your car ~ not just your number plate, as the police have to prove it was you driving the vehicle at the time.

It is unlikely that you will have been photographed, (presumably a pedestrian crossing sensor) - But if you have they will not account for you revising back onto a crossing; and will probably charge you for that traffic offence also.
benking116
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Having been caught jumping a red light, You would of noticed the camera flash in your rear view mirror , and you will know very quickly if there was a camera. The camera as posted above is facing the lights, and catchs you from the back.

If you did get caught then you getthe chance to appeal, but it does put the penalty up if still found guilty!
jus-mi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ohhh i've seen them little black camera on traffic lights flash before!

....i was on the other side waiting for the traffic light to turn green while the other lot of cars went and this man thought he was clever and try and jump the light even tho it just had turned red, and it flashed in broad day light ..it was so bright and it makes a noise as well lol...you know that camera shutter noise!...looool that was the first and only time i've seen a speed camera flash lol..how exciting lol
Derekbot
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello my name is Derek I have a little problem yesterday I was leaving the m5 junction near to bromsgrove and on entering the motorway roundabout I stupidly went through 2 poss 3 traffic lights that my passengers said were on red j truly didn't notice them don't know what I was thinking but i am concerned as I currently have 9 points on my licence and if this is the case I probably will get a further 3 points on my licence but I need my car for work really worried about the outcome could some one advise me are there cameras on roundabout traffic lights coming off the motorway junctions
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Derekbot)
Hello my name is Derek I have a little problem yesterday I was leaving the m5 junction near to bromsgrove and on entering the motorway roundabout I stupidly went through 2 poss 3 traffic lights that my passengers said were on red j truly didn't notice them don't know what I was thinking but i am concerned as I currently have 9 points on my licence and if this is the case I probably will get a further 3 points on my licence but I need my car for work really worried about the outcome could some one advise me are there cameras on roundabout traffic lights coming off the motorway junctions
Oh get lost... RoyalSheepy
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (59)
22.1%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (91)
34.08%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (57)
21.35%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (25)
9.36%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (35)
13.11%

Watched Threads