Turn on thread page Beta

educational value of "Typing of the Dead"? watch

Announcements

i was just wondering what value educators would place on the SEGA game "The Typing of the Dead"...

i have seen a few people who say they have benefitted from it and recently someone asked me about
    good typing tutor software and since i have played the game myself on occasion, i recommended it,
    but was unsure if those who teach touch-typing would have anything to say about it, such as if it
    teaches any bad habits or overlooks important aspects of learning touch-typing...

i figure it was made by game developers, not educators, so, i tought there might be some opinions
    out there...

anyone have anything to say about it?

i love the game! but i would not let anyone under 12 play it. its M15 rated in my eyes. its got way
    too much violence in it. there are better ways to teach typing skills.

"insidious_plots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> i was just wondering what value educators would place on the SEGA game "The Typing of the Dead"...[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> i have seen a few people who say they have benefitted from it and recently someone asked me about[/q1]
    [q1]> good typing tutor software and since i have played the game myself on occasion, i recommended it,[/q1]
    [q1]> but was unsure if those who teach touch-typing would have anything to say about it, such as if it[/q1]
    [q1]> teaches any bad habits or overlooks important aspects of learning touch-typing...[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> i figure it was made by game developers, not educators, so, i tought there might be some opinions[/q1]
    [q1]> out there...[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> anyone have anything to say about it?[/q1]

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.