educational value of "Typing of the Dead"?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Insidious_plots
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
i was just wondering what value educators would place on the SEGA game "The Typing of the Dead"...

i have seen a few people who say they have benefitted from it and recently someone asked me about
good typing tutor software and since i have played the game myself on occasion, i recommended it,
but was unsure if those who teach touch-typing would have anything to say about it, such as if it
teaches any bad habits or overlooks important aspects of learning touch-typing...

i figure it was made by game developers, not educators, so, i tought there might be some opinions
out there...

anyone have anything to say about it?
Rafik Hamze
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
i love the game! but i would not let anyone under 12 play it. its M15 rated in my eyes. its got way
too much violence in it. there are better ways to teach typing skills.

"insidious_plots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> i was just wondering what value educators would place on the SEGA game "The Typing of the Dead"...[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> i have seen a few people who say they have benefitted from it and recently someone asked me about[/q1]
[q1]> good typing tutor software and since i have played the game myself on occasion, i recommended it,[/q1]
[q1]> but was unsure if those who teach touch-typing would have anything to say about it, such as if it[/q1]
[q1]> teaches any bad habits or overlooks important aspects of learning touch-typing...[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> i figure it was made by game developers, not educators, so, i tought there might be some opinions[/q1]
[q1]> out there...[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> anyone have anything to say about it?[/q1]
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (17)
7.94%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (14)
6.54%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (45)
21.03%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (27)
12.62%
No, nothing has changed (71)
33.18%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (40)
18.69%

Watched Threads