Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have started my A/S levels at an FE college. I am studying, Geogrpahy, English Language, and Environmental Science.

So far, Geography is easy, and english is difficult but nothing to hard, environmental science is hard to get round but again, doable.

I was warned A/S levels were hard, however they are not really, i know it is early but can someone tell mw what to expect in these subjects in the near future, and how to prepare, and what to expect and what is expected.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    work hard, get 100% in as many modules as possible. then kick back and relax in the second year.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but this is easier then it sounds, 'work hard'.how, revise all weekends, work all free time, no sicial life for revision......define work hard please.

ReputationRep:
    If you're finding them easy now, you'll be fine for the AS/A2s. Like llama said, do well on your first year and you can afford to relax (a little) in your second.

None of the subjects you list (with the possible exception of Environmental Science, which I have little knowledge of) should become substantially more difficult in your second year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duke5)
    yeah but this is easier then it sounds, 'work hard'.how, revise all weekends, work all free time, no sicial life for revision......define work hard please.
    well, turn up for most of the lessons and, keeping closely to the syllabus and past papers, revise madly for the 3 weeks or so before the exams.

ReputationRep:
    As you are finding it easy, lower sixth is a good time to get into more extra curricular activities which is always good. Just work reasonably consistently and leave time to revise before your exams and you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    work hard, get 100% in as many modules as possible. then kick back and relax in the second year.
    Also know that it tends to be relatively harder to earn good marks at A2 than at AS, so getting good module marks can help you (for example, I only need to scrape an E at A2 to get a B overall in A-Level Latin). But, as Lucy says, make sure you take the time to take part in other activities, studying ain't everything after all...

ReputationRep:
    i think in some courses A2 is alot harder than AS, for example in finding the History A2 course a fair bit harder than AS, but then again His As was not that amazing hard....

Geo: i prefere the A2 course alot more than the As ironicaly, i prefere long essay questions than Gcse style of lots of little questions...

Eng: If your good at english you won't notice the the increase of work, read the book, read some critical essay's, write the essay, all done. In a2 all u have 2 do is MORE of the same, where as in His A2 you have to completely change the style of your work from As

ReputationRep:
    I actually find this year overall easier than last. I'm doing ASs in 2x Maths, Chem and Physics in school (and Bio out). Last year we had to do subjects for the hell of it to fill out 10 spaces, but this year its what you want to do. However, double maths is quite fiendish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innitman_uk)
    I actually find this year overall easier than last. I'm doing ASs in 2x Maths, Chem and Physics in school (and Bio out). Last year we had to do subjects for the hell of it to fill out 10 spaces, but this year its what you want to do. However, double maths is quite fiendish.
    i find AS's easier than GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    i find AS's easier than GCSE.
    How you can find GCSE maths harder than AS is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    How you can find GCSE maths harder than AS is beyond me.
    i know, but honestly i do.

thats probably because i work way, way harder at AS Maths than GCSE though.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.