Turn on thread page Beta

does anybody have an unconditional offer to oxford? watch

ReputationRep:
    does anybody have an unconditional offer to oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phenomenom)
    doubtful, given the interviews haven't happened yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    doubtful, given the interviews haven't happened yet.

or rite...but cant u get an offer jus from gcse results

ReputationRep:
    Nope, since most of the people applying to oxbridge are from a similar academic track. The distinctions are made in the interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Are you trying to be funny?

ReputationRep:
    A Level results (or equivalent) are required for both conditional and unconditional offers. To my knowledge, GCSE results alone aren't enough to justify an offer of any kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    Are you trying to be funny?
    dear God, I hope so

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    o rite. i fort u cud get an unconditional offer if u were real clever. ie my mate got A* in maths in yr 7.in year 11 he has done further maths (A) soi fort he shud get an unconditional offer

ReputationRep:
    People have been known to get uncond offers on the basis of their predicted A Level grades. I dont think Oxbridge do it though, not before an interview at any rate.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the best Oxbridge candidates are given offers so low that they are basically unconditional, so as that they would not be lost if they mucked up their exams.

However the idea that Oxford gives unconditional offers based entirely on GCSEs without an interview has to be a joke....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    People have been known to get uncond offers on the basis of their predicted A Level grades. I dont think Oxbridge do it though, not before an interview at any rate.
    I've not heard of them giving unconditionals- I have heard of them of them giving an offer of EE though.

o rite. i fort u cud get an unconditional offer if u were real clever. ie my mate got A* in maths in yr 7.in year 11 he has done further maths (A) soi fort he shud get an unconditional offer
    surely he must have done A level maths as well then (you can't do further without it)... i think someone's nose is growing lopnger by the second....

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    surely he must have done A level maths as well then (you can't do further without it)... i think someone's nose is growing lopnger by the second....

lou xxx

actually he did gsce maths in year 7. then in year 8/9 he did a leval maths. then10 he did further maths

ReputationRep:
    you said a second ago he did it in year 11, you're not convincing me!

ReputationRep:
    and he got A in aleval maths. i jus sed further maths in year 10 becuz i fort u wud have figured in the 2 year gap he did maths

ReputationRep:
    well i duno the exact year but he got the certificate this year

ReputationRep:
    In which case he wouldnt be getting an unconditional offer on the basis of GCSE results because he would have 2 A Levels...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Oxford Want Me For Who I Am. Not For What Im Capible Of.

ReputationRep:
    wen i sed that i never said iti bout him. i asked if ppl cud get an unconditional offer by gcses. u laffed then i said pip shud get an unconditional offer becausse of his intelligence in maths.

ReputationRep:
    Well, whether or not he should is entirely irrelevant - there are loads of people here who say they or their mates "should" go to Oxbridge. They don't make any offers without interview, especially unconditional ones, and they never make "unconditional" offers - they're always EE, if you are lucky to get one of those.

Maskhound - nice try.

ReputationRep:
    i no wot u mean when people say they should go to oxford because they got 3 A's when that isnt really unusal as most applicants have that. there arent that many kids who are 15 and got an A in further maths

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.